Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommend inner liner bags?

Recommend inner liner bags?

...for a 1250RT?
    "...whether is clear to you or not, the universe is unfolding as it should"

Kathy's bags are well made, have nice features, and are made in the mountains of Virginia. You can order them from dealers, but they do have a website so you can order directly from the maker. Let's support our small businesses!

I've had good service from RKA Luggage in Sonoma, CA. See: https://www.rka-luggage.com
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison 2018-Present
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo-via Walt Kelly

Neither my husband nor I have the same bike as you - he has an R1200RT, I have an F800GT and we each have G650GSs.

That said, we have RKA liners for ALL of them. Great quality, reasonably priced and made in the USA.

https://www.rka-luggage.com/A06%20Liners/liners.html
    Last edited by clowry; 05-12-2021 at 04:45 PM.

I bought these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Bestem-LGBM-K.../dp/B00IAQ7TGE

I like them a lot. They are well-made and they fit the cases well. They are waterproof … or at least they kept my clothes dry in heavy rains. If your question is, “do you recommend using liners at all?” My answer is yes. For years I used Givi E41 cases without liners. I would wrap my clothes and other items in small plastic bags, and pack the panniers like suitcases. I would carry the side cases into my motel rooms at night. The E41’s are nice because they have a hatch on top that you can open while mounted on the bike, and get stuff in and out without dumping everything on the ground.

When I bought my R1200RT, I tried using the cases the same way, carrying them into motel rooms at night. But they take up a lot of space in the room, and they are heavy. By switching to liners, I can carry everything into the motel room using less space and without the extra weight. And another benefit of liners is that they keep your stuff from dumping on the ground when you open the clamshell while mounted on the bike. So, I am a convert to liners now.

Cap

Bought some RKA bags for my first k1600 and then used them on the second one. Now they fit my 1250RT perfectly. They are well made and durable. After hundreds of times packing and unpacking, mine show no signs of wear. I would buy their products anytime.
    Memories: 1949 Simplex (basket case. At 13, rebuilt and learned how to fall), 1959 sportster, 1969 R69S, 1982 R100, 2009 R1200GS, 2012 K1600GTL, 2014 K1600GTL Exclusive.

I think mine are Cee Bailey, 2016 RT. I like them, built well, work well, and if I recall they were roughly 20% of the price of some others. Not necessarily those mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post

I like them a lot. They are well-made and they fit the cases well. They are waterproof … or at least they kept my clothes dry in heavy rains. If your question is, “do you recommend using liners at all?” My answer is yes. For years I used Givi E41 cases without liners. I would wrap my clothes and other items in small plastic bags, and pack the panniers like suitcases. I would carry the side cases into my motel rooms at night. The E41’s are nice because they have a hatch on top that you can open while mounted on the bike, and get stuff in and out without dumping everything on the ground.

When I bought my R1200RT, I tried using the cases the same way, carrying them into motel rooms at night. But they take up a lot of space in the room, and they are heavy. By switching to liners, I can carry everything into the motel room using less space and without the extra weight. And another benefit of liners is that they keep your stuff from dumping on the ground when you open the clamshell while mounted on the bike. So, I am a convert to liners now.

Cap
    I use these on my 2019 RT. Very nice! Actually much nicer than I was expecting for the price. And that little pocket (that goes to rear of case) fits one of these perfectly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill Rorke #200394
    Chesnee, SC
    2019 R1250 RT
    2009 R1200 GSA

Kathy's. I've been using them for years. Very high quality product, reasonable price, and made right in Floyd, VA a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway so you know they're good.

RK Ryder
    I would imagine that all liner bags would fit most if not all panniers. Case in point is my Cee Bailey liners work not only for my R1100RT cased but also in my K100RT, better than the BMW's liners made for that bike.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    I would imagine that all liner bags would fit most if not all panniers. Case in point is my Cee Bailey liners work not only for my R1100RT cased but also in my K100RT, better than the BMW's liners made for that bike.
    Cee Baileys has been out of the motorcycle products business for over three years. Their bag liners were fine in my opinion but not much different from Kathys, RKA, Bestem, etc. But, the best ones are from BMW which are quite different from the others in that they're usefully stiff - not just fabric pieces sewn together.
    '20 R1250RT,
    Priors: '17 R1200GS, '16 R1200R, '14 R1200GS, '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5 (LWB).

another vote for Kathy's... https://kathysmotorcyclebags.com/product-category/bmw/

i have them for all my bikes. well made..in the USA, and half the cost of the RKA product.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 09 K1300s

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    another vote for Kathy's... https://kathysmotorcyclebags.com/product-category/bmw/

i have them for all my bikes. well made..in the USA, and half the cost of the RKA product.
    Kathy's side bags are $2 less than RKA for the R1200R, so not sure where the "half the cost" statement comes from.

Don't have either yet, still shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post

Cap
    Are these liners wide enough to fill the outer half of the case ?.
    Dave Selvig
    2008 Black LT
    2004 Black LT
    2000 Canyon Red LT

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
    Are these liners wide enough to fill the outer half of the case ?.
    The Bestem liners fit the contours of the case perfectly. As a consequence, the left and right sides are different.

Cap