• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recommend inner liner bags?

Kathy's bags are well made, have nice features, and are made in the mountains of Virginia. You can order them from dealers, but they do have a website so you can order directly from the maker. Let's support our small businesses!

I bought these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Bestem-LGBM-K16-SDL-Saddlebag-K1600GT-R1200RT/dp/B00IAQ7TGE

I like them a lot. They are well-made and they fit the cases well. They are waterproof … or at least they kept my clothes dry in heavy rains. If your question is, “do you recommend using liners at all?” My answer is yes. For years I used Givi E41 cases without liners. I would wrap my clothes and other items in small plastic bags, and pack the panniers like suitcases. I would carry the side cases into my motel rooms at night. The E41’s are nice because they have a hatch on top that you can open while mounted on the bike, and get stuff in and out without dumping everything on the ground.

When I bought my R1200RT, I tried using the cases the same way, carrying them into motel rooms at night. But they take up a lot of space in the room, and they are heavy. By switching to liners, I can carry everything into the motel room using less space and without the extra weight. And another benefit of liners is that they keep your stuff from dumping on the ground when you open the clamshell while mounted on the bike. So, I am a convert to liners now.

Cap

Bought some RKA bags for my first k1600 and then used them on the second one. Now they fit my 1250RT perfectly. They are well made and durable. After hundreds of times packing and unpacking, mine show no signs of wear. I would buy their products anytime.

I think mine are Cee Bailey, 2016 RT. I like them, built well, work well, and if I recall they were roughly 20% of the price of some others. Not necessarily those mentioned above.

I bought these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Bestem-LGBM-K16-SDL-Saddlebag-K1600GT-R1200RT/dp/B00IAQ7TGE

I like them a lot. They are well-made and they fit the cases well. They are waterproof … or at least they kept my clothes dry in heavy rains. If your question is, “do you recommend using liners at all?” My answer is yes. For years I used Givi E41 cases without liners. I would wrap my clothes and other items in small plastic bags, and pack the panniers like suitcases. I would carry the side cases into my motel rooms at night. The E41’s are nice because they have a hatch on top that you can open while mounted on the bike, and get stuff in and out without dumping everything on the ground.

When I bought my R1200RT, I tried using the cases the same way, carrying them into motel rooms at night. But they take up a lot of space in the room, and they are heavy. By switching to liners, I can carry everything into the motel room using less space and without the extra weight. And another benefit of liners is that they keep your stuff from dumping on the ground when you open the clamshell while mounted on the bike. So, I am a convert to liners now.

Cap

I use these on my 2019 RT. Very nice! Actually much nicer than I was expecting for the price. And that little pocket (that goes to rear of case) fits one of these perfectly

Attachments

• rum.jpg
    rum.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 230
Kathy's. I've been using them for years. Very high quality product, reasonable price, and made right in Floyd, VA a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway so you know they're good.

I would imagine that all liner bags would fit most if not all panniers. Case in point is my Cee Bailey liners work not only for my R1100RT cased but also in my K100RT, better than the BMW's liners made for that bike.

I would imagine that all liner bags would fit most if not all panniers. Case in point is my Cee Bailey liners work not only for my R1100RT cased but also in my K100RT, better than the BMW's liners made for that bike.

Cee Baileys has been out of the motorcycle products business for over three years. Their bag liners were fine in my opinion but not much different from Kathys, RKA, Bestem, etc. But, the best ones are from BMW which are quite different from the others in that they're usefully stiff - not just fabric pieces sewn together.

Cap
Are these liners wide enough to fill the outer half of the case ?.

Are these liners wide enough to fill the outer half of the case ?.

Mine are expandable. When expanded they fit the entire case. Here is the link to where I bought mine.
https://www.greatbikersgear.com/pro...accessories/pannier-liner-bags/r1250-rt-2019/

Got them fast and they are very reasonable. I read a while back that they are the same as the Bestem bags. But looking at it now mine may be a little different. Not sure if the Bestem's expand and top straps are different.

Kathy’s Inner Bags

Kathy bags I bought the two side packs for my R 1250 RS she didn’t have the 40 L top bag so we agreed upon 38 L and it fits and I have extra room in the top bag for things that I need to get up right away without going in the bag.
E2185D0F-FC8F-42A0-9EC9-E0F5C04F8A76.jpg

Have Kathy’s bags for my side cases and a BMW topcase liner as I like the stiffness of that bag rather than the Kathy’s liner. Also had RKA topcase bag for my KGA, very similar to Kathy’s bags. You will get nice bags regardless of which of the three you get.

I have Kathy's Bags for my side cases on my 2018 1200RT and love them. They are used all the time and are holding up excellently. I like supporting smaller business and the cost was about the same as others.

Back