• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

windshield options for R1100S

mntngrown

I appear to have the BMW tall version on the bike. I still get wind buffeting, especially when I turn my head to the side. I have looked at the aftermarket options and have not found any that measure longer, (17.75 inch) or so. Has anyone reduced wind pressure and noise with aftermarket due to superior engineering of the windshield. Over on Pelican parts forum one poster claimed a shorter shield worked best as the focal point was lowered to his chest. Confusing subject.

BMW called the taller screen the "Touring" version. After doing a 4,000km ride, I called it the "Torture" version. :laugh

Deflectors

Anyone had any experience use shorter windscreens with deflectors? I have an 18" screen (OEM?) on my R850R, pulled in off after an accident but remember that I still had to duck down for it to be effective. Looks of buffeting on around my helmet. Hoping my new Scorpion EXO-AT950 Helmet might help a bit also.

Alex

Last edited:
Anyone had any experience use shorter windscreens with deflectors? I have an 18" screen (OEM?) on my R850R, pulled in off after an accident but remember that I still had to duck down for it to be effective. Looks of buffeting on around my helmet. Hoping my new Scorpion EXO-AT950 Helmet might help a bit also.

Alex

Same problem, different day. Either your head is under the bubble or above it. Many people find that it's better to be above it. You need to decide where you want to be. Being half in and half out is awful.

Kind of depends on the size of the rider, doesn't it?

I have tall screen and it's fine and I'm 6-3

Back