• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

H7 head light bulb replacement ??

mosrrt

Have a 2019 R1250R . Low beam H7(12v 55w) headlight bulb went south .
Is there any replacement bulb any brighter than another ?
I think I will replace both high and low beam bulbs . Both are the same bulb .

Mike

Philips offers multiple H7 bulb options with claims of up to 100% more vision than the standard bulb: https://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-au/car-lights/headlight-bulbs/halogen

I haven't tried them so I can't tell you if they work, but they might be worth a try.

I've used the Philips Motovision bulbs. In my '15 RT, they do last longer than the Sylvania bulbs I used for the first replacement. Coming back home from Great Falls, I had my low beam fail about 20k miles (IIRC). Original bulb failed @ 15k (on a trip to Duluth). Replacement (Sylvania's "best") only lasted about 3k(!). Not a major issue with the burned out low-beam as I was carrying a spare Philips bulb. Changed it that night in the hotel parking lot. When I returned home, I tried to find a replacement Philips Motovision bulb locally. No luck at any of the local stores listed on the Philips website, so reverted to Amazon and ordered 2 bulbs, so I'd have a couple of spares for the next time one burned. Now the story gets interesting -- Bulbs were listed as being in stock. They (supposedly) were shipped out last Tuesday (7/13/21). Checked on their shipping status today, and Amazon had flagged the order as "May arrive late." Checked the tracking info and discovered that they were shipped out of Redlands, CA, and went to CANADA! Now I'm waiting on UPS to clear up the mess and for the bulbs to re-clear customs and continue on their journey to Birmingham, AL. I really don't want to use anything but Philips, as the bulb outlasted the original OEM bulb by 30%, and the replacement (Sylvania) bulb by 600%

Stay tuned......

.....the bulbs have arrived! Quite an adventure for them. Packaging was great! California to Canada, back to California, then to Alabama. Hope I don't need them for years to come.

Back