• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Reflectorized Helmets in Vermont

dzimbric said:
I saw a set of reflectorized stickers "Warning, In the event of an accident, do not remove this helmet until qualified medical personnel are present" This sticker also included instructions on how to safely remove the helmet, on a WI members helmet. Is anyone familiar with these stickers and do they know where they can be purchased?

They sell them at Irv Seaver BMW Motorcycles. I've seen them at their store. Give 'em a call.

I by no means want to start a beef here, but I think we need to take a long look before hopping on the reflective cow bandwagon. First and foremost, we need someone to calculate the surface area of said cow. If the cow
doesn't cover the requisite 4 square inches, we have a serious problem. We could all end up in the slammer in Vermont because of some anorectic cow model. Please, consider what's at steak. . .

No beef here

I have no beef with your tail nor want to horn in. I understand the need not to cry over spilt milk but hay, I have nothing to hide. The cows meat the test and the cream once again rises to the top.

Any claim to the contrary is utter BS. :nyah

That be it!

Eggactly!

Downloaded the pictures from New Zealand last night. 1,138 pictures to sort through.

And that is no BS

WI Helmet Stickers

dzimbric said:
I saw a set of reflectorized stickers "Warning, In the event of an accident, do not remove this helmet until qualified medical personnel are present" This sticker also included instructions on how to safely remove the helmet, on a WI members helmet. Is anyone familiar with these stickers and do they know where they can be purchased?

FWIW, similar stickers were produced by the Wisconsin DOT (they say do NOT remove the helmet, except by qualified folks). Several years ago I tracked down the source within DOT and they sent me some of these reflective stickers to Illinois. Can't provide contact info, or confirm that they're still available, but it's a start...

If you like hi-viz yellow or orange

RiderWearHouse has directional arrows for helmets. I think I have also seen similar items in slightly less obnoxious colors elsewhere.

FWIW, www.aerostitch.com #1214 $20.00

Charlie

Upon further review

Streetglo sells refelctive tape and decals for helmets. For $22.00 including shipping I bought a pair 37.5 ft (1/2 & 1/4 inch) rolls of relective tape. If you have a bunch of helmets and tend to cross state lines, this is probably a better alternative. Also, I do not know how well the arrow type reflector work with flip-top helmets.

www.streetglo.net

Charlie

Size of reflective Patch?

How large does the reflective patch for the helmet has to be?
Although where does it have to be located on the helmet?
Thanks.

4 square inches each side

According to the earliest posts on this thread (before the discussion morphed into discussing the virtues of cow-shaped reflectors) and the AMA's State's Laws page.

Hope this and the links I posted help.

Charlie

I have posted this here before, I have lived in VT. all my life and have NOT seen anyone get pulled over for No Reflectors !!!!!!!!!!!!! "look at all the HD riders with helmet's hardly big enought for a Sticker.............. Enjoy, not to worry..

The Law in on the Books, so if they wanted to be A**h**** they could ticket you, But I would not worry. HAVE FUN IN VT...................

ALL,
www.whitehorsepress.com sells lots of reflectorized decal, vests and other safety gear like a belt with handles for your kids who can't put their arms around you when you take them for a ride. They also sell PIAA aux lites with mounting brackets for $324 + depending on the type of Beemer you ride. Ride safe always.

Reflections...

An Aerostich suit, with its copious Scotchlite tape on all sides, should fulfill the obligation. Don't you think?

What? You don't have a 'Stich???

BFF :blah

Back