• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Parts Arrival Location ?

When a dealer orders parts from Berlin, where in the US do they arrive?

I imagine they must go through customs...where?

Then what happens...what path do they take to ultimately end up at the dealership?

Asking specifically about parts....

SPP

When a dealer orders parts from Berlin, where in the US do they arrive?

I imagine they must go through customs...where?

Then what happens...what path do they take to ultimately end up at the dealership?

Asking specifically about parts....

SPP

I am pretty sure they wind up in the warehouse in New Jersey if they are coming from Germany. Last I knew that was a joint automotive and motorcycle warehouse because once when I ordered a motorcycle part (I forget which) they sent a car dashboard. "Oops" they said and overnighted my part to the dealer.

I have no idea what port they might come through. Maybe some of our east coast or more maritime members might know. I have spent the last 49 years living in Iowa, Kansas, and West Texas so don't know a lot about ports.

Pretty sure they can come direct to dealer.

In any event, recently I ordered an R1100S handlebar switch on a Saturday ... parts guy said had to come from Germany. Had it the following Thursday.

When we were deciding on whether or not to wait in Seattle for a TPS to be shipped from Germany, the dealer in Seattle said it would come thru New Jersey. They claimed BMW would have it to Jersey in two days if it was expedited. Since it was Saturday and the part would not even be ordered for almost three days, we decided to take our chances and ride the bike home, which almost worked. :banghead

Back