• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TPMS sensor conundrum - '08 RT

W7lej1

Kindly curmudgeon
So - I'm trying to figure out if I can use any of the "third party knockoff" TPMS sensors as the original (I think) ones have finally gone kaput. And, I know about needing the "wake-up gadget", this is about which sensor part number I need to match up on the popular auction or similar website.

From one of the on-line parts catalogs:

1. The front wheel sensor for my bike seems to be either a 36319832032 OR a 36318532732. I've gotten the idea that the '032 part has been superseded by the '732. Is this the case?

2. Do I need to purchase the 36318359961 screw, or can the one in the wheel be re-used?

3. The rear wheel sensor needs to be the one with the integral (?) valve assembly - seems to be 36318532731. Correct?

4. Do I need to also purchase the 36318520871 repair kit? The pics I'm seeing look like those parts are included with the sensor/valve.

Any and all "associated wisdom" will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Maybe try the cheapo route first...

I have seen guys on YouTube pry out the old battery and install a new one. I think it's a CR2032 that costs about $2 a piece. I could be wrong about the battery number. Doing that would allow you to skip the relearning BS. That's the only part that seems to wear out on these things. Not much downside if they are shot anyway.

Back