• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2021 MOA Rally Picture Thread

Havin Fun CoddiWomplin toward Gr8 Falls. Only one T-storm filled overnight light show at the Kennebec, SD KOA!

Guess where this was? I'm guessing it'll qualify as an official 'City Government' managed sign...
Warsaw-IL.jpeg

Staged this one too!
Devils-Tower.jpeg

Struck out earlier today though at the Little Big Horn National Battlefield when the gates closed at 4:30 - not 5!
Got this shot for the Iron Butt's "National Parks Tour" submission {got one with our numbers next to the sign}!
https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/

Closed-Nat-Park.jpeg

Expect to show up at the rally in PM on Weds; will see what they say about the Club Officers' Meeting on Thurs @0800...
Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Too busy, and riding!!

9183823fe1433e6867488601c4448626.jpg

eb117e115fe00a53e3219a10e73bfb0a.jpg

81e2e8e714a961742eb3822f1225dd16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

204070312_10219925500433491_2615910374346296299_n.jpg

And, our adventure changes. Drastically!

After a day of rain and really wild and gusty sidewinds, the engine on my G310GS blew just 38 miles from our motel in Mobridge, South Dakota on Sunday.

No one was hurt, but we are heartbroken we'll miss the rally!

Safe and warm, today we make alternate plans.

Voni
sMiling

View attachment 84158

After a day of rain and really wild and gusty sidewinds, the engine on my G310GS blew just 38 miles from our motel in Mobridge, South Dakota on Sunday.

Voni
sMiling

Since you posted in the One Day Ride thread a few days ago I was wondering if a repair was possible.
Sounds like the repair will be major.

View attachment 84158

Voni
sMiling

Wish you were in Michigan, I have a 310 you could use until whenever that I can't seem to find time to ride.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

So Sorry y'all's ADVenture went Orthogonal... You'll certainly be missed on Thursday! Hope U can ride 2-Up for awhile...

The Rally seems 'downsized' from Lebanon, but more bikes continue to arrive every hour. We took the Gr8 Falls' Trolley shuttle into town (south of the Mighty MO) to the Mighty Mo Brewing Co {currently enjoying their pizza and wings AND WiFi}. No public WiFi on the grounds... Weather's comfortable, but a few passing showers on both Weds & Thurs.

Spotted this olde Airhead parked along the roadside

Airhead-POV.jpeg

Mrs-HSV used me to capture the busy camping area. Band coaches are behind my left shoulder next to the stage...
HSV-Phil_Rally.jpeg

CIAO from Great Falls Expo Park!
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Weather looks perfect for the rally the next three days.
The rally organizer picked a good week.
Forecast for next Wed and Thu is 100F.

Last edited:
Lets hopes its under 100 next year in Springfield Mo.

I also hope it's under 100. We have motel reservations so it won't be terrible if it is hot.
Camping at Sedalia was brutal and Des Moines was not easy sleeping in the heat.

Camping at Sedalia was brutal and Des Moines was not easy sleeping in the heat.

Yes it was brutal at Sedalia, we set up in the Swine Barn. About midnight a buddy & I drug our air mattresses out into the grass to try to catch a breeze. Between cars going by too close and drunks about stumbling into us, we barely slept Thursday night.

In Des Moines the only relief was a cold shower.

Hi Everyone, I took about 2500 images at this year's rally. On the long flight home, I edited those down to 129 keepers and then I did my basic editing I always do to them.

There are some archivists on this forum, I'm sure of it so I'm going to post a link to a zip file. You can open this on your PC or Mac, unzip it and go through them. I'm not adding any copyright or watermarks. These photos belong to the MOA and its members. I hope they'll outlive me and do the job of time-capsuling this rally for many decades from now. The people, the bikes, the vendors, the training and the great scenery and weather.

If you just want to look at these on your phone, they're also on my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adamjackson/albums/72157719450573964

Here's the zip file. these are at 50% size instead of 100% size. This link will self destruct in a few weeks since my server can't hold all of these photos - http://adamchandler.me/MOARally2021JPEG50Percent.zip

Back