Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MOA Rally Picture Thread

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    A good report with pictures helps preserve an event and inspire others to give the next event a try. If someone is serious about putting together an involved ride report, we have a section of the forum that can be used for that.
    Having photos attached to the forum insure that the pictures remain on the forum should an “off-site” hosting plan end.
    Have a great rally.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by adamchandler View Post
    I agree that people prefer to see a photo of something that 'just happened' thanks to social media. I'm a total luddite when it comes to social media. I'm still shooting with a full frame SLR and a backpack full of lenses and a big tripod..
    I no longer carry a SLR but still carry a compact camera because I like having a optical zoom.
    I wait until I return home to deal with pictures taken with the camera.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    A good report with pictures helps preserve an event and inspire others to give the next event a try. If someone is serious about putting together an involved ride report, we have a section of the forum that can be used for that.
    Having photos attached to the forum insure that the pictures remain on the forum should an “off-site” hosting plan end.
    Have a great rally.
    OM
    I'll probably do that periodically (looks like much of our route will have spotty cell coverage and no wifi). In the past I've had trouble uploading photos at the rally in real time as Internet access was often S-L-O-W

Pete
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet

http://travelswithbarley.com/

I'm still shooting with a full frame SLR and a backpack full of lenses and a big tripod.
    So am I, but I take the card out of my camera, hook it up to a gadget on my phone, copy the pics to the phone and then to the cloud. Instant backup.

Upload a few to IG & FB, the rest are edited and used for other purposes later

As a member of the MOA, I get greater personal reward by making other members feel a greater sense of belonging by showing them what's happening at the rally right now, not 90 days later.

Also used to do this same thing from BMW press events, but I no longer contribute to the BMW ON.

Did a practice bike packing today. Pretty sure I got everything !

Overpacked.jpg
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    Did a practice bike packing today. Pretty sure I got everything
    there’s a GS Giant for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    Did a practice bike packing today. Pretty sure I got everything !

Overpacked.jpg
    I'm not sure that's what Mosko Moto intended when they build their luggage but it's nice to know their gear can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    So am I, but I take the card out of my camera, hook it up to a gadget on my phone, copy the pics to the phone and then to the cloud. Instant backup.

Upload a few to IG & FB, the rest are edited and used for other purposes later

As a member of the MOA, I get greater personal reward by making other members feel a greater sense of belonging by showing them what's happening at the rally right now, not 90 days later.

Also used to do this same thing from BMW press events, but I no longer contribute to the BMW ON.

Thanks for the links! I sometimes wonder how much social clout / traction I lose out on by not posting photos from a ride / rally as it's happening. No one has ever complained in the comments. I have ride reports that come out a month after the ride but I tell people who are hungry for content that my Flickr has all of the photos a few days after the trip if they really want to browse - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adamjackson/?

But if you look at this Flickr Album versus this Ride-report and the YouTube playlist, I personally think the ride report is a much more pleasant experience:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/adamja...57715852811166
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/3-blo...-2020.1469006/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a0VDKQ9MplBuni

but everyone these days wants to know what's going on this moment even if the quality is a little lower.

... but everyone these days wants to know what's going on this moment even if the quality is a little lower.
    Well, not everyone, but I can tell you that many do like a real-time teaser followed by progressively deeper detail. fwiw, it amplifies the return on the effort invested in creating the content.

Also true, as you say, but somewhat of a bummer..... too many people do not appreciate graphically exquisite content, or even realize they're experiencing it.

If we ever meet in person, remind me to tell you the story of Zen and the Ride to Redmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Well, not everyone, but I can tell you that many do like a real-time teaser followed by progressively deeper detail. fwiw, it amplifies the return on the effort invested in creating the content.

Also true, as you say, but somewhat of a bummer..... too many people do not appreciate graphically exquisite content, or even realize they're experiencing it.

If we ever meet in person, remind me to tell you the story of Zen and the Ride to Redmond.
    Sounds good and I just spent a little too much time going through that page. That's a fantastic rally resource page....everything anyone would need in one place.

Sounds good and I just spent a little too much time going through that page. That's a fantastic rally resource page....everything anyone would need in one place.
    Done in the days of very low bandwidth, and since there was only one Internet line for the entire rally, we got up at 4am to post the previous day’s pics. Another “what a difference 20 years makes” thing.

Good times!

I've volunteered the past few years to be an additional shooter for the magazine during the rally, and then turn them over to Bill. And have volunteered again for Great Falls. I don't post images to social media while I'm on the road. I don't want to broadcast where I am...and more importantly where I'm not. That way I can maintain OPS SEC. Right Ranger Reece?
    Jim Nyffeler (Nyfty)
    2017 R1200RTW, 2018 G310GS
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfty View Post
    I don't want to broadcast where I am...and more importantly where I'm not. That way I can maintain OPS SEC. Right Ranger Reece?
    Excellent advice

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Will try to post some on my way to rally if I can!!

Here some photos from Tennessee ...

Quote Originally Posted by tractorrider View Post
    Will try to post some on my way to rally if I can!!

Here some photos from Tennessee ...

Tennessee was the first rally I missed in years and it looks like it was a blast.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze