• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Leak on Swingarm of 2010 K1300GT

masegraves

My son's K1300 started showing this leakage on the swingarm. Any idea what the source could be?

Attachments

• K1300 Leak.jpg
    K1300 Leak.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 56
If it is the rear shock know that it can be rebuilt although the dealer may tell you otherwise.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I'd check to make sure the engine oil tank is not venting out some oil or some was spilled on a refill. The tank is directly above that area.

Thanks to everyone for these suggestions. The area of the oil tank/carrier apprears to be the most likely source. My son has cleaned it well, and will keep an eye out for any leakage.

Thanks to everyone for these suggestions. The area of the oil tank/carrier apprears to be the most likely source. My son has cleaned it well, and will keep an eye out for any leakage.

I thought of that because it happened to me. I thought my shock was leaking but found it to be engine oil leaking around the little vent tube on top of the tank.

Back