• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW MOA Anonymous book in app form

brownie0486

Anyone aware of this app of the anonymous book? Takes up 25M on the phone, wondering if it's ready for prime time or should one wait awhile to see if it's all that and a slice of bread relative ease of use, accuracy, etc

Probably have to update the app every year but that's expected to stay current

Anyone aware of this app of the anonymous book? Takes up 25M on the phone, wondering if it's ready for prime time or should one wait awhile to see if it's all that and a slice of bread relative ease of use, accuracy, etc

Probably have to update the app every year but that's expected to stay current

It's ready for prime time, finally... after over 10 years of trying. :thumb

It will detect your location if you let it. Then it will show what is near you. You can click on the state and enter a city if you want to change it.

It will detect your location if you let it. Then it will show what is near you. You can click on the state and enter a city if you want to change it.

Tried it on my phone and tablet, the location function does not work for me.
When I tap Use Current Location I get a message, Your current state is not in our database yet. Please select the state from the list.

It works if I select a state from the list but the cities are listed in alphabetical order, not by distance from me.

It works like a charm for me on both my iPhone XR and iPad running the most current iOS

What are the folks having trouble running?

Pete

Can't find my location in Canada

App stalls on the first screen looking for my location. I am just north of the Canada / USA border. The only other way is to tell the App my location by picking my State. We don't have states. If the App developers are following this thread I am willing to work with them to test the App once they write code for it to look for the GPS coordinates outside the the USA since the App is currently useless here.

:scratch

Edit: Running iOS 13.3 on iPhone X

Last edited:
On my iPhone X it finds my location as being Helena, Montana, but then lists every local in the state alphabetically.

This looks like a promising App that I would love to use.

Unfortunately for anyone outside the USA, one cannot proceed into the App because the only manual way to do so is to pick a State or recognized military location listed on the State menu.

Finding the root cause for 'location not found' should be the next step for the developers. It appears this issue exists on on (some) iOS and Android devices so the problem does not appear to be device or OS specific.

Seriously, we as a group could help the developers test revisions and likely speed up the resolution process without drama. This is how beta Apps are tested IRL.

Meanwhile everyone should rate the App and place comments on the App store for your device/OS - this is where the developers look for feedback.

:wave

Meanwhile everyone should rate the App and place comments on the App store for your device/OS - this is where the developers look for feedback.

Done.

I'm guessing it won't take long to work out the bugs.

Last edited:
Seriously, we as a group could help the developers test revisions and likely speed up the resolution process without drama. This is how beta Apps are tested IRL.

:nod

Back