• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Branson Blitz 2015

frump

Frump
Does anyone have any details on the Branson Blitz for 2015? I have down that is April 24th, but I think that is kind of just a best guess. Need to get my vacation request in for my annual spring fix soon. Also, need hotel details to send out to the local group.

Thanks.

** 20th Annual Blitz to Branson **
April 17th __ 19th, 2015
Honeysuckle Inn and Conference Center3598 Shepherd of the Hills
Expressway, Branson Missouri
MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS: 1-888-386-3648 and tell them you're with
the Internet BMW Riders to get the special rate or they might tell you
they're full. They kind of like us and give us special rates!
***Please note, they do have a two day cancellation policy AND if
you're arriving later than 9 PM please let them know so they hold the
room for you.)
The Honeysuckle Inn rooms will be all non-smoking and cost $55 for a
double with 2 queen beds. A room with a king is $65. The rooms all
open to the outside with a covered walkway. They have an indoor pool,
complimentary breakfast and a lot of level (for Branson) parking. The
meeting room seats 100 so we will be able to fit almost everyone in
for the Saturday night event.
CAMPING: Most Scenic Camping is at Table Rock Lake State Park - 10.3
milesfrom Branson. Located on Table Rock Lake - 90 camp sites. No need
to reserve a site due to early season. Showers are available. To get
to the State Park exit Hwy 65 approx. 4 miles south of Branson on Hwy
165. Go WEST approximately 6 miles and the State Park is on your left.
Informality is the key. This is one rally who no one works and we all
play. Mostly we just want twisty roads free of traffic and time to
talk to riders - friends old and new.
The usual agenda is meeting and greeting on Friday afternoon and
evening in the hospitality room or anywhere in the parking lot.
Saturday is onyour own until the ?gathering?. Going to shoot for 8pm
again.If ANYONE wants to bring door prizes, please do.
I will be Keeper of the List for this year, so please send me the
namesof the attendees and I will try to keep everyone posted.
Karen (Smith) Mans ? neraksr@gmail.com - (816)590-1759

:dance

I'm getting Blitz fever. I hear the dogwoods should be blooming in AR about the time I get there next week.

Probably!
:cry

This was the first BMW type rally I attended. Great bunch of folks.

I am remodeling prepping for sale. I should stay home and work.

But the last one........

I plan to make it.

I have made my reservation. I did request chocolate chip cookies in the lobby but like all of us I will eat anything that is complementary.

Rod

Last edited:
:wave

Cool! We're starting to pack.

Soon on the road again!

See you there!

Voni
sMiling

The forecast was WRONG!!! There was some light scattered rain. Ya all missed out.

I went to Push Mountain Road. The directional arrow on my PR4 is now scuffed. That was a nice road, most corners had great sight lines and almost no traffic. My front tire got warm enough to smell the rubber.

A free lunch at Bentonville BMW is highly over rated.

Rod

Much thanks to Karen Mans and all of the Blitzers!
Especially fun to see Jim Hair and to hear of his ice travels.
Kringle, threats of storms, but few materialized.
Open House and FREE food at Bentonville BMW.
Great roads and wonderful friends.
The 20th. We plan to do it again.
Here are a few pictures of our Big Bend of Texas, the Blitz, visiting my sister in Eureka Springs and heading back to the Adobe. We're having the best wildflower and cactus show in 25 years!

http://vonig.smugmug.com/2015-Blitz-to-Branson/

Voni
sMiling

Who knew? Hated to miss it, but it looked like a really wet trip & weekend and went west instead.

Missouri forecasts are wrong more than right. I had an unplanned snow storm experience to even out this one. you never know. If it has rained, then I guess more sleeping and rally lies will even out.

Rod

Missouri forecasts are wrong more than right.
Rod

TX is on par with y'all, seems worse this year on forecasting...the storms that dropped an inch in less than 15 minutes an hour ago were not supposed to be here until tonight. My dogs woke me at 5:30 with the incoming light show:hungover

Probably!

Hi Folks,
So is there a 2016 Blitz to Branson? Or was last year the last? Looking at the roster published for the 2013 rally with the multitude of folks attending, I somehow can't believe that in just a couple of years attendance was too light to have one this year. I guess unless no one has stepped forward to sponsor the event. It does take a lot of work, and I can really appreciate the effort that goes into the preparation.....

I hope there is something.

I'm new here in Kansas and looking for quality events to attend.

Marty

I hope there is something.

I'm new here in Kansas and looking for quality events to attend.

Marty

Hi Marty, sorry I guess it's a no-go for the Branson Blitz, as no one is responding to the status of this event. It's a shame, but things change. I'd suggest the Land of Oz rally in Atchison Kansas (just north of KC) June 03 to 05. I plan on going there or to the Hiawatha rally in Houston Minnesota that weekend. Either one would be fairly close for you. The Hiawatha rally is their 40th anniversary, so might just try for that one as it seems to be a special rally this year. Not sure what type of bike your riding, but the March Moto Madness is coming up in Tellico Plains Tenn. or shortly there after the Georgia Mountain rally, (which I have already signed up for) are on the calendar fairly soon, so lots of choices out there....

Branson Blitz 2016

YES! We are having a Blitz to Branson 2016. As in years past it will be at the Honeysuckle Inn, Branson Missouri, April 15th & 16th, 2016.

Info will be posted on the IBMWR.org site, and the Happenings page sometime this week.

Make your own RSVP with the hotel - http://www.honeysuckleinn.com/

Make sure to tell them you are with the IBMWR (Internet BMW Riders) group.

Karen Mans - neraksr@gmail.com
Kansas City MO

YES! We are having a Blitz to Branson 2016. As in years past it will be at the Honeysuckle Inn, Branson Missouri, April 15th & 16th, 2016.

Info will be posted on the IBMWR.org site, and the Happenings page sometime this week.

Make your own RSVP with the hotel - http://www.honeysuckleinn.com/

Make sure to tell them you are with the IBMWR (Internet BMW Riders) group.

Karen Mans - neraksr@gmail.com
Kansas City MO

Karen, thanks so much for the reply. Sounds like a great first rally for the year.....

Back