• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1987 Black K75S

milwlandrover

Just went to look at a 1987 K76S with 5800 miles on it. The bike was in mint condition (until last week when the guy moved it in his storage locker and tipped it over. There is now a slight dent in the right hand side of the like new shinny black tank. He busted the mirror on the same side and broke the brake light.
Sounds worse the it really is. I bought it for $2500.00 with the original manual, tool kit, etc...
I am extremely happy.
565th K75S made
1987 K75S black.jpg 2.jpg

Just went to look at a 1987 K76S with 5800 miles on it. The bike was in mint condition (until last week when the guy moved it in his storage locker and tipped it over. There is now a slight dent in the right hand side of the like new shinny black tank. He busted the mirror on the same side and broke the brake light.
Sounds worse the it really is. I bought it for $2500.00 with the original manual, tool kit, etc...
I am extremely happy.
565th K75S made
View attachment 76182
Too bad about it getting dropped. I hope you used that as a wedge against the asking price. Maybe the dent can be removed by one of those guys that do it without damaging the paint. I've owned lots of bikes over the years and the k75's are pretty good at most things they're supposed to do. After wanting to try one for years, when one came up for sale locally, i didn't hesitate. Mine's a '93, non ABS, which for me is a benefit, I don't want the extra plumbing and complexity. Have fun, they are nice motorbike. Here's a pic of my red version. cheers.
K75_090.jpg

Remember, that is the 565th "US SPEC" bike. The non US bikes began production earlier and use a different number series.

If the dent is NOT on the top (the top has a double wall) and the paint is still good, it can be fixed by a GOOD paintless dent repair guy. Remember to tell him it is aluminum. Some guys won't touch aluminum. I've used them twice on K75 tanks with perfect results. Cost was about $80.

:dance:dance:dance

If you are considering replacing the fuel tank, be aware that not all K75 fuel tanks fit a K75S. There were several different fuel tanks for K75s, K100s, and K1100s, only one of them works on an S.

If you search up on YouTube Dent removal I bet you can find a method to fix your tank dent yourself.
If its not creased or too large.
The Heat it up with a blow-dryer and hit it with a freeze spray method may work.
I did this method on two SMALL dents on my wife's Subie and it worked great.
They both popped right and you cannot see them anymore.

dent

There's not a hole in the bike, it's just a dent.:D

tank dent.jpgK75S Black.jpgbroken mirror.jpg

Attached is pictures of the bike dent, the broken mirror and the profile of the bike.
he was asking $3500.00. An older guy bought it and rode it for a year then put it away.
he sold it back to the dealer and the dealer put on new Michelin tires, changed all the fluids and sold it to another older guy.
He drove it for 3 months and the battery died. He took it back to the dealer and the dealer gave him a brand new battery.
The guy put it in a storage locker good until March and knocked it over accidently. He decided it was taking up too much space in his locker so he put it up for sale.
His step-daughter listed it on Facebook Marketplace because the guy didn't know much about computers.
The step-daughter said nice things about the guy so I told her to offer the guy $2500.00
She texted me back that he would accept that so I offered the girl a $100.00 finders fee.
so the bike cost me $2600.00 but $100.00 was really just cuz the daughter sounded like she could use it.

Back