• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dual sport tires

A

aclighthall

Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Anakee tires on their GS? I have worn out a set of Metzler Tourance and a set of Dunlop dual sport tires; fairly satisfied with both but am thinking of trying something new.

aclighthall said:
Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Anakee tires on their GS? I have worn out a set of Metzler Tourance and a set of Dunlop dual sport tires; fairly satisfied with both but am thinking of trying something new.

What "mix" of riding do you do? percent highway/ unpaved backroads / off road ?

I like my Avon Distanzias for most of my GS riding which is more secondary highway and unpaved backroads. Not too much off road. I Have had good mileage and grip from these "tyres" under these conditions..

I had Anakees on my GS and I thought they were pretty terrific. Riding like a complete lunatic, I got 4500 out of the rears and 9K out of the front before I got rid of them.

I could get way out to the edge of the tire and they felt fine and were sticky.

FWIW, I switched to Tourances this time, just to see what they're like.

I currently have a set of Tourances on my scoot. I have already decided that my next set will be Anakees just to see what they are like.

Granted the GS is a different Animal than the F650, but most people like them a lot on the Fs. I have a pair waiting in the garage to replace the Conti TKC-80s I've got mounted now. Just can't seem to wear the knobs of the dang things! Previous set was Michelin T-66s (which the Anakees replaced, btw.) which I LOVED.

aclighthall said:
I ride a R1150GS
The Anakees stick in the twisties much better than Tourances but you will burn them up faster (6-7000k). Offroad I've never had any significant input difference.

Right now I have Tourances because they last longer (9000k or more) but they definitely don't handle like the Anakees. In fact the last two sets have felt less stable in turning.
I might go back to Bridgestone Trailwings just to compare that tarmac stability.
Bluwing

Back