• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Red Hat Society

clowry

Does anyone know whether or not there might be a Red Hat group for us ladies who ride motorcycles? Red Helmets would be more appropriate, I suppose. I still have a little over a year before "the birthday", as they call it, but it never hurts to start asking early...

Don't know of any, but it might be time to start one.
As a second thought, Voni might be a good source for that info.

Does anyone know whether or not there might be a Red Hat group for us ladies who ride motorcycles? Red Helmets would be more appropriate, I suppose. I still have a little over a year before "the birthday", as they call it, but it never hurts to start asking early...

Clowry, for those that don't know, can you explain what Red Hat Ladies is?

The Red Hat Society (RHS) is a social organization founded in 1998 for women approaching the age of 50 and beyond. As of July 2009, there are nearly 900,000 registered members and almost 24,000 chapters in the United States and 25 other countries. The Red Hat Society is the largest womenÔÇÖs social group in the world. I do not know why I know this.

Attachments

• simpRedHatMamas_v1F_72.jpg
    simpRedHatMamas_v1F_72.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 122
Sally Robinson, 1937

Hmmm, I kind of think that as women riders we've "thrown rules to the wind" long before the Red Hat Society was even started! I am approaching the big 6 gasp 0! Please forgive my cynicism I guess I'm not much of a joiner! Long live Sally Robinson!

Attachments

• SallyRobinson1937Small.jpg
    SallyRobinson1937Small.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 102
Opps! It's Sally Halterman!

Sorry, the name of the 1937 motorcyle mama from the Shorpy photo website is actually Halterman.

Back