• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cannonball Run 2018

I may ride down to the motorcycle museum to see them. A short day ride for me.
Thanks!

Joe

"September 10th - Lunch, Arkport Harley Davidson" - that's just a few minutes away from my house.

My buddy and I rode out to see the bikes come through Elko Nevada in 2014; interesting bikes and even more interesting people riding them. Most of the relics leaked prodigious amounts of oil once parked, except for the BMW’s

Mark in Chico
2018 RT

Attachments

• 14F71890-85D7-4C2B-814B-924EA0F8F828.jpg
    14F71890-85D7-4C2B-814B-924EA0F8F828.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 624
If the weather's nice, I may ride up to Mason City Iowa.
Thought about Spirit Lake, but the lunch stop at Mason City may be better since it will give me time to return home before the deer are out at dusk.

Three stops in Montana; might be able to see them in Great Falls. The certainly will not need to worry about overheating in late September in northern Montana, and I hope they are prepared for strong winds in the GF area.

Day 2:

The day from Keene, NH to Binghamton, NY has a “Pit Stop” at Hemmings in Bennington VT @ 9-10:30 am.

Does anyone know of a “lunch stop” or other “break” location West of Bennington on that day ?

Charlie

And they're off...

Went to see the start this AM in Portland (ME). Great stuff, if you get a chance to see 'em come through I'd not miss it. Having photo issues, but among the Harley's, Indians, Nortons, Hendersons, an Ariel, a Brough Superior and others were four BMWs. Great show.

I went too. Here's a couple of photos. There was a surprisingly large crowd of non-participants in attendance. The red chaise lounge on wheels is a Ner-A-Car and it's only a 250cc.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
There were several of these Indian Power Plus's. Note the complete lack of a front brake. I was chatting with one Indian rider and mentioned that without a front brake, I expected him to be one of the faster guys coming down out of the rockies. He agreed that that was a concern. Gotta love the fender ornament.

Attachments

• IMG_0448 (1).jpg
    IMG_0448 (1).jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 429
Another BMW hiding in there:

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 432
A number of the riders went for vintage attire as well. I think the guys in the indian sweaters are Shiny Kimura and his support team. Mr. Kimura is a noted custom bike builder. The second bike is a Brough Superior. Fairly sure that the rider is Paul D'Orleans, the guy behind the Vintagent web site. Paul has parlayed his web site into a great lifestyle where the gets invited to judge at famous bike shows and recently curated a bike exhibition at the Peterson Museum.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 433
Thanks for the pictures and background:thumb

Always fun to see how they progress across the country.

They are up against it weather-wise.

They are due in Arkport, NY on Monday around lunchtime. Forecast is for rain to begin Sunday night and continue Monday with 100 percent chance of rain on Monday and a local flood watch in effect. We could get one to two inches of rain...

They are up against it weather-wise.

They are due in Arkport, NY on Monday around lunchtime. Forecast is for rain to begin Sunday night and continue Monday with 100 percent chance of rain on Monday and a local flood watch in effect. We could get one to two inches of rain...

Good thing they did not pass through Iowa last week. Our county received 10.5" to 12" in 7 days.

I'm planning on catching them in North Judson (Kersting's Cycle Center) on Wednesday. I am contemplating riding up on the R90S.

I wish them well.

It is now 50 F in Arkport, their next stop, and pouring rain. That is the temp I usually fire up the heated gear on the bike. I wonder how many can do that on their antique motorcycles?

Back