• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airhead Tool Set

rapz

I have a '79 RT and I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing from this original tool set. Can anybody help me out by listing the tools supplied in the original set? Thanks.

Attachments

• Tool Pouch.JPG
    Tool Pouch.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 150
I guess it did work

Here is listing - Left to right:

Spanner

Open Ends: 19/22, 13/17, 12/14, 8/10, 6/9, Unknown flat wrench

Pliers

Tire changing tools

Flat Screwdriver w/handle

Spark Plug double-end Socket

4 Hex Key Wrenches - various sizes

Top: Feeler Gages

Bars - 1 fits Spark Plug Socket

"Dog Bone" Wrench for Front Forks

Tool Pouch

Jimmy -

My "hopefully" original tool kit for my '78 /7 is missing a few things...I've never seen the "small" bar before. The larger bar might be referred to as a "tommy" bar. I don't have the feeler gage (carry a separate one) and don't have that type of screw driver. Mine is a red handled one where the shaft can be pulled out and switched from flat to phillips. Plus I never got the dog bone wrench. I'm second owner so some things could have changed.

BTW...you have a '78 not an '87!

Back