• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ROUTE 2 western leg

Washington State is pretty big. It makes a difference where you're stopping. Are you stopping in Spokane? Or Seattle?

Plan on riding across western North Dakota all the same day. Camping or lodging is scarce and expensive due to oilfield activity. The boom my have lessened a little bit but demand is still high.

Thanks for the advice. I will plan accordingly. What would be the best month for that are. I was thinkling early or mid september.

MY ROOKIE impression...

is that once you get into Montana along "the Highline", you will need to plan ahead a bit for food, fuel, and lodging stops. It seems to be not so sparsely settled as, for instance, the Yukon, but some fair stretches between communities. My comments are based on some very preliminary "research" using Google maps, as I'm expecting to make a run from Spokane to Wolf Point late next month. I might be surprised...

Marty

Once you reach Spokane... I would deviate from US 2 to SR 20. It's much more scenic than US 2. In portions of Montana, MT 200 is more scenic than US 2 also. My personal opinion.

Once you reach Spokane... I would deviate from US 2 to SR 20. It's much more scenic than US 2. In portions of Montana, MT 200 is more scenic than US 2 also. My personal opinion.

A few years back, when doing a west-to-east cross country ride, I headed south after exiting Glacier National Park and picked up Rt 200 from (I believe) Great Falls MT and followed it to MN. From there, I picked up RT 2. My initial plan was to take RT 2 the entire way, but I was somewhat dissuaded due to oil industry related traffic. I loved RT 200. Beautiful sites...beautiful part of the country! Never experienced wind like I did in ND!

Back