• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Saeng Quick Scans

M

MysticRed

I did a search and didn't come up with anything. Has anyone tried these?

http://www.saeng.com/2618.htm

Was running in to Coeur d' Alene, ID. today and was wondering why everyone I was meeting was pulling over. Well, there was a County Mountie behind me with his lights on, for crying out loud! I didn't see him until he started to pass. These darn mirrors on my K1100LT are out of my line of sight AND I can't see directly behind me, although I can see the lanes along side of me well. The Saeng mirrors mount up high in my line of sight but I thought I would get some opinions before I plunk down the $85.00. Anyone?

Saeng Mirrors

Cannot vouch for how they will work on your bike but I have used them for years on R 100s, K-75, and now on a R 1150R. They are not too great on a long view to the rear but are priceless on being able to see in the blind zone--side view and close rear--. I would not ride without them in heavy traffic especially with a full face helmet that limits peripheral vision.

Thanks for the response, Tom. They are in the highly recommended area of their site for the K1100LT, for whatever that's worth. I don't move the windshield all that often so they should work.

Harley mirrors

When I load my RT for camping and strap a duffel across the top of the side cases, I can't see out the low mirrors.

I use the long-stalk mirrors from my Harley mounted in the perfectly sized holes that are next to my grips. I put one of them on for this photo, but use 2 when on a camping trip. The stalks are ~10" long.

You can buy a pair for $20 at a Harley swap meet.

Attachments

• mirror(600 x 450).jpg
    mirror(600 x 450).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 387
Nice one Sully! That's what I should have done with a K100RT I used to have. Its' mirrors made great hand-fairings but all I could see in them was my hands and forearms (all the time, not just with cargo).

I second the use of GS mirrors on the RT and also the LT. I used the mirrors on both bikes and really liked that set up a lot.
IMHO it is equally important to know what goes on behind you, as well as in front.

Back