• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Volunteer in St. Paul

Holly

Amma
Like most regular attendees, I have already volunteered. As Volunteer Chair, I'm looking forward to meeting more of the wonderful people who are the heart of the rally. If this is going to be your first rally, you will find that the best way to meet your new friends is by volunteering a few hours. You will learn much about the rally in those hours and it will truly enrich the rally experience. If you don't have an area that you think you would like to volunteer for, I can work with you to find something you would enjoy.
Over 1000 volunteers, working in 2 or 4 hour shifts are what keep our rally running smoothly. Do you think you would like to help people get started by helping out in Registration or morning coffee, or are you qualified to be helping in First Aid? The Beer Team is always looking for volunteers and we all seem to be qualified in that area! Security, Bike Wash, Oil Change, Cyber Cafe, Awards and Tallies, Go-fers, Sanitation and many more areas are looking for a few hours of your time. In exchange they will give you a great experience and a new understanding of what it takes to make our small city in the middle of St. Paul run smoothly for the duration of the rally.
Newcomers can never quite believe that we put on such a fabulous event. Working together to make it happen is how we roll, and we have fun doing it. If you want to secure your spot ahead of time, just email me. rallyvolunteer@bmwmoa.org If you would rather wait and check out what's happening first, the volunteer booth will be In the MOA building. Look for the big wind turbine ?blade." We'll be happy to help you find something you would like.
Many thanks to all of our dedicated volunteers, past and present. You are the BMWMOA!

Hi Holly,

Since I live in the Twin Cities and will most certainly attend the rally, I would also like to volunteer, likely on multiple days.

Any ideas yet as to how the different groups will be organizing? I'm sure there'll be info in the ON, but this forum should be a great source as well.

There will be (or already is ) a list of rally Chairs on the website. They are the folks to contact about hours/duties/ etc. I've beebn tented, gated and closing ceremonied. There's always something that needs to be done.... like being a gofer.

Holly if I go, and it's still just an if due to work/family obligations, financial limitations, long ride from lower Alabama... I will volunteer. I've done the beer tent at other charity events and am very familiar with being a beer winch. Again this would be a huge leap for me to attend, but if I show I'll find you and I'll be one of your warm bodies.

Hey Reece....maybe you could lead the AL delegation up the Great River Road Rally Ride :wave
Sounds like fun. I'll have to get a new tent. After my daughter got back from an archeological dig in Fiji, with the tent, I just threw it away. It was a bio Hansard.

Hi Holly,

Since I live in the Twin Cities and will most certainly attend the rally, I would also like to volunteer, likely on multiple days.

Any ideas yet as to how the different groups will be organizing? I'm sure there'll be info in the ON, but this forum should be a great source as well.

Thank you. There will be lots of opportunities every day. We always need lots of people for registration, security and the beer tent. A tentative list would be:
sanitation
awards and tallies
beer team
bike wash & oil change stations
charity
children's events
coffee
communications
cyber cafe
decorations
charging station
entertainment
environment
first aid
gates/security
go-fers
hospitality
ice
information
local resourses
media
country store
pin & patch
receiving
registration
RVs
sewing booth
shuttle
signs
stage manager
teens

Probably a bunch more. I haven't received specific requests from the other chairs yet but I'm sure we can find you something to do every day.

Holly
rallyvolunteer@bmwmoa.org

Holly if I go, and it's still just an if due to work/family obligations, financial limitations, long ride from lower Alabama... I will volunteer. I've done the beer tent at other charity events and am very familiar with being a beer winch. Again this would be a huge leap for me to attend, but if I show I'll find you and I'll be one of your warm bodies.

Thank you Reece. I won't put you on the list yet, but you can find me fairly easily if you get there (and I certainly hope you do--it sounds like you need the break!)

Hey Reece....maybe you could lead the AL delegation up the Great River Road Rally Ride :wave

Now that sounds like the perfect way to get away from all those obligations! Fingers crossed that you can do that!

Holly

Thank you. There will be lots of opportunities every day. We always need lots of people for registration, security and the beer tent. A tentative list would be:
sanitation
awards and tallies

Probably a bunch more. I haven't received specific requests from the other chairs yet but I'm sure we can find you something to do every day.

Holly

Committee Chair list will be posted on the web by 2-05-2014 for a complete list of places to volunteer.;)

Not sure when we'll arrive, but Barley and I are looking forward to volunteering again. Maybe gofers this time; he just didn't have the personality for security duty.

Not sure when we'll arrive, but Barley and I are looking forward to volunteering again. Maybe gofers this time; he just didn't have the personality for security duty.

Thanks, I've got you and Barley on the list. People will be lining up to ride with Barley (oh and you too...)

Since she knows that I'll be there for the duration of the rally, my wife is considering being a volunteer. She is not an MOA member. Any rules or regulations about non-MOA members volunteering?

Since she knows that I'll be there for the duration of the rally, my wife is considering being a volunteer. She is not an MOA member. Any rules or regulations about non-MOA members volunteering?

We will accept ALL volunteers, but you might want to surprise her with an Associate membership for Valentine's Day :heart (save some $$ on pre-reg) :clap

All rally participants are welcome to volunteer. It's a great way for a spouse to meet the whole family and find out more about our obsession.

Heck, check Glenfiddich's posts. We've even signed up Barley!

Hi Holly,
I worked several days in registration in Salem, so if this is the right place to sign up, I can do registration again, or security. I'm planning on attending the GS Giant activities, so I'll be scheduling my volunteer work around those activities, but wouldn't miss the opportunity to give back a little for all the fun and excitement the rally brings me. I also plan on being available on Monday prior to events to help with set-up, so you can pencil me in anywhere you need support......

Walt E.

Registration chair

Committee Chair list will be posted on the web by 2-05-2014 for a complete list of places to volunteer.;)

We would like to find out who is going to chair Registration in Minnesota. We are coming this year and always have volunteered for Registration set up crew.

Thanks
Bev Fontaine #5791

Back