• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F750 side stand exchange

numbersman

I have seen a number of posts saying that BMW has a curved side stand to keep the F850 from standing up too straight. Anyone know if there is a similar item for the F750? I have had mine fall over to the right twice because the stand is too long on anything but the flattest spots. Wind blew over once, and another time the ground was a little tilted at a gas station and it went over as soon as I got off. Most of the time I have to tilt the bike to the right to get the stand down at all. Bottom line, it is not only the 850 that has this problem. If I just had the stand cut shorter, it would still be a problem because it would not extend out far enough to hold the bike up on ground tilted a bit down on the left. Any F750 riders with this same problem? I'm generally running in Rider Only preload and Road configuration because I'm short and need to be as low as I can.

I am not aware of the specific question you ask. However, I had the straight stand changed to curved on my 850. My 750 had a correct stand. If I were you I'd measure your stand, then ask for some readers (or call a dealer who can measure one on the floor for you) to measure and report their 750 stand lengths (sorry I no longer have either F bikes), to see if you even have the correct stand. After the 850 stand debacle I wouldn't bet BMW put the right stand on your bike. Is your dealer no help?

Last edited:
Back