• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

lowered 2002 F650GS

gec343

I have found a 2002 F650, factory lowered version. I am 6-0, with an inseam of 33, so am wondering if the lowered version would be a mistake. The bike is located in Florida, so I would have to go down there to try it out. Anyone have experience with this?

I just sold my lowred RT and the lower height was not a problem. Thanks in advance.

With a 33" inseam I don't think a lowered version would work for you. My inseam is 29" and I can go either way. I have a standard frame '01 GS and '97 ST and rode them with no problem unlowered however I did install lowering kits on both. The 1" difference is that I can now place both feet flat on the ground, at the price of some ground clearance. The only clearance problem I encounter is with the GS sidestand in hard LH turns. One solution if you do find the bike to low is to put a Daker seat on it which is 1" higher.

6'0" tall/ 32" inseam here.
I think part of the "lowered" package is a short seat. Assuming it is, I too think you might find yourself folded up a bit in the knee department. I've got a Dakar model with a BMW solo seat (which is stock height) and put lowered pegs from touratech on, as much for comfort as the extra "grippiness" offroad.

Back