• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for Pinstriping Vendor at 2009 Rally

hmeiseles

Hi all, at the Rally in TN just outside one of the vendor buildings was a guy cleaning bikes, who does a great job, and a guy doing pinstriping. Does anyone know how to contact the pinstriping guy. I do not have an issue with his work, I just want to contact him.

Thanks
Howard

Russ is his name

He did my 02 1150 GSA with a Warthog design. Did great work and I have gotten nothingh bout compliments.:thumb

I don't know if any of you met Russ, the pinstriping guy at the rally. Besides being one heck of an artist, Russ is an veteran helicopter pilot from the 'Nam era. We had some time to chat while he was working on my helmet. A really decent guy if you happen across Russ (Graybeard Pinstriping) you may want to take a boo at his catalogs, very impressive. Good conversation while we listened to "The American Songbook" on his van's jams.

http://http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=38026&highlight=pinstriping

Russ is quite talented and a great guy. Vietnam era helicopter pilot. (OK, I reiterate) He had some great stories as I hung around watching him work. I saw him do a lot of brushwork but I am not sure if he also picks up an airbrush, I do not think so.

Russ told Deb and I he plans to attend Redmond. Of course he told us that in Gray and there has been no reason to be in contact since that time. I don't believe he has a web site. Vendor registration does not open until mid Feb. to early March. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the post Warthog ;)

He gets around:)

He was in W.VA at the RA Rally to and did my helmet. Also did a helmet for me in Spokane, years ago at the NationalRally there. He'll be back. Randy:usa

Whoa. And he looks at life just like that. I think I enjoyed talking with him more than the artwork on my helmet. And I really dig the helmet.
Thanks Paul, I had no idea. Obviously.
If this is not an argument for Carpe Diem . . . .

Last edited:
a30b8142.jpg

You watch the video and there is no way he could come out alive. Even a cat with nine lives could not survive that crash.

I snapped this pic of a gal that stopped by to watch Russ work,she had no idea what he was doing. She chuckled,when he handed her a mirror,so she could see what he'd done. He was stripping my helmet at the time.

Attachments

• Test shots 523.jpg
    Test shots 523.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 95
Back