• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Folding camping chairs

tibork

Hello all,

We're looking for some good folding camping chairs that we can either fit in the side boxes (BMW touring boxes 1994 RS) or strapped on top of the box? Anyone know a website we can order a couple from? Thank you!

I am a huge fan of the Kermit Chair. Named after the original designer who's name was Kermit; he designed it specifically for motorcycle touring folks. In my opinion he absolutely nailed the ergonomics, they are super comfortable, durable and convenient. I'm sure the dimensions are on the website but I have no problem carrying them in my roll top duffel which is not supersize, I'm guessing about 18" long packed. They are very well made and there are a couple of wood options. I've had mine for quite a few years and when I broke a leg on one and didn't get around to looking for a replacement for 2 years they still sent me the new part free of charge, they just sent me a package of replacement hardware for free as well. Great to have such service for a 10 year old product! They're not the lightest, nor the smallest but I've yet to try anything that beats it. Check them out.
https://www.kermitchair.com
IMG_2481_heic-L.jpg
at peace
IMG_0540-L.jpg
You may have created a monster, chair threads can be like oil threads. Let's see who the first Helinox fan is...

slow as **** internet down here in Guyana, mine would have been the first reply but it took forever for the photos to load on my SmugMug.

The Chair

Don’t look at price get the Kermit chair and the leg extensions it’s hard to beat for comfort it’s very hard to break

Thank you for all the responses, we'll definitely evaluate all options, it's hard to chose for sure.

Back