• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Petcocks

kjmcd13

My 73 /5 seems to have Germa petcocks. They look like the Karcoma's but have the screw in the handle. Are these rebuildable with Karcoma parts or should I change them? I understand the period correct ones would be Everbest.

My 73 /5 seems to have Germa petcocks. They look like the Karcoma's but have the screw in the handle. Are these rebuildable with Karcoma parts or should I change them? I understand the period correct ones would be Everbest.

Would by some chance would you have a picture?

The answer is a qulified yes. If you go to any one of the on line parts suppliers, you'll see different pictures for each petcock. The parts are a bit different for each, so you need to order the right parts depending on which you have.

Another shot from Ausherman's website

petcock13A.jpg

Internals (item #: 12, 8, 7,6,5,4,3,2) are available from MAXBMW, but if the "hardware" is worn out it's NLA.

B0000405.png

As long as you just LOOK at your motorcycle Everbest petcocks will be fine. The ones on my '73 R75/5 were garbage and leaked (wept would be a better word) from the beginning. Karcoma straight-throughs are the ticket.

Back