• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Accumulated Wisdom- MrsKbasa/Moderator, on the spot

So Tina, After a bit more than a year moderating this forum, do you have any clearly stated summaries about gear?

What's Hot, what's not. For the Bike, for the Rider, for the Road?

Spill, darling.

Loyally yours,

Faithful Member

Da Answer

Let's see, no one knows all the answers, let alone me :brow

1. There is every kind of gear for every kind of rider.

2. If you are a large man (muscular or not) gear is tough to find. But, someone on this forum will give you a hint, as someone has been in your situation.

3. Women look terrible in men's gear. But, we manage to pass the hints on to new female riders.

4. If you hate your seat, someone will make a new one you will like better or you will use sheepskin or a air/gel pad.

5. No matter what you wear, it will be hot. You can always get warmer, but never cooler.

6. No one every agrees about tires. It's a moving target to evaluate, because the manufacturer's are always coming up with new compounds. :wow

7. Windshields are a plenty, someone here can tell you how to find one for your bike if it doesn't have one you like.

8. Electronics are fun: iPods, GPS, intercoms, CBs, cell phones, electric jackets, lights, alarms, radar detectors, and digital cameras have all been carried or connected to our bikes.

9. If they don't sell it, someone will make one. And, if they sell it for too much, someone will make one. MacGyver has nothing on BMW riders.

10. There is a wealth of knowledge in the heads of the people on this forum.:clap :clap

Everything has been discussed at least twice, except fly fishing rods on the bike.:) :bliss

Re: Da Answer

MrsKbasa said:
Everything has been discussed at least twice, except fly fishing rods on the bike.:) :bliss

We need to fix that - I carry a four-piece rod. Anyone care to discuss?

I have a 4 piece, and a 3 piece spinning rod that I carry. I am not into fly fishing, mainly because I have not had much exposure to it. I love to fish and combining it amd motorcycling is something I have done for quite a while.

Doesn't everyone? :bliss
As part of my standard equipment on my touring bike is ultra light colapsable rod and small tackle box stuffed in the pocket of my fairing, with all the nice streams in my neck of the country wouldn't think to ride out for the day or longer, without them. :)

RM

Back