• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Articles link dead end

WalterK75

I clicked on the Articles choice and got this message:

(User name) you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What is this articles page about? Who has access? Why is this link on the site?

Walter -

The "Article" and "Blogs" links are new features that have probably come about due to a minor upgrade to the forum software. I'm not totally familiar with how they get used but as I understand things, a post or a thread can be upgraded to some kind of article...sort of a way to bring more focus to something going on in the forum. We've been sort of doing that with the Best of Forum every month of so. As for the Blog, well, we know what blogs are and it looks like there's a separate feature to blog things from the forum. Again, both of these are brand new to us and we're not sure exactly how they might be useful for us.

I will see if there's a way of temporarily disabling them and well look into things down the line.

-- Update -- I've removed these two links temporarily from the header.

Thanks....

Back