• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just Riding - Not Yet!

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
This is the latest start of the riding season that I can remember. Weeks ago, I put fresh gas in the tank and started the engine. Perfect. It was cool and I intended to go for a ride soon thereafter. Nope. Either really cool weather, a bit of yard work, being away to look after my granddaughter ( I am the chauffeur, Dianne is the cook), and in the last few days, rain and more rain. Lots of rain. I am not getting flooded out the way some folks are, luckily. Next week, visiting relatives in Ottawa and then returning to look after the granddaughter again. Well, I will be able to get riding a bit that week perhaps.

I did receive notice that my new Motoport jacket and jeans suit has shipped. That at least is great news. Hope shipping and customs go well. I need this stuff for the trip to the rally.

For those already riding, go somewhere for me! Have fun. Ride safely. :wave

You and I both! Work is so hectic this spring that I have put less than 200 miles on. The next 3 weeks will be busy and then maybe I will have some time to actually get out and enjoy some riding. Life is short, and unfortunately we spend most of it working. :banghead

Head banger

Ain't life heck got to work so you can afford to ride don't have time to ride cause you gotta work! :banghead need one of these with the wall on both sides of head

In my case I have put 2,400 km on my K, taking advantage of the few nice days we've had, as well as my Gerbings gear. Been riding as much as possible to determine if a simple fix I made (thanks Mr. Glaves) this winter would keep the bike on the road. After it died last fall, a local shop told me that extensive work was required to keep it running. Apparently not.

I needed to have confidence that it would take me to and from the Georgia Mtn Rally. Unfortunately, the weather, here and in Georgia made the decision easy to stay home.

Another reason to ride is because i am missing six weeks of riding, beginning later this week. Two cataract surgeries, with no exercise, lawn mowing, riding, etc. are keeping me off the bikes until almost the end of June.

At least the K will be ready and able to take me to Utah's Crossroad's Rally of the West!

In my case I have put 2,400 km on my K, taking advantage of the few nice days we've had, as well as my Gerbings gear. Been riding as much as possible to determine if a simple fix I made (thanks Mr. Glaves) this winter would keep the bike on the road. After it died last fall, a local shop told me that extensive work was required to keep it running. Apparently not.

I needed to have confidence that it would take me to and from the Georgia Mtn Rally. Unfortunately, the weather, here and in Georgia made the decision easy to stay home.

Another reason to ride is because i am missing six weeks of riding, beginning later this week. Two cataract surgeries, with no exercise, lawn mowing, riding, etc. are keeping me off the bikes until almost the end of June.

At least the K will be ready and able to take me to Utah's Crossroad's Rally of the West!
Try to make you feel better I've had the two cataract surgeries they are not bad anymore put the drops in like you are supposed to avoid dust etc. that can get in eyes so put on full face helmet put shield down and ride instead of mowing grass

I've managed to squeak in about 1,000 km in Nova Scotia so far this year (and about 800 km in Nevada in January).

The weather here has been hit and miss, so all the stars need to be aligned. ;-)

Back