• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Summer trips - FANTASTIC

bandman

This is the summer when we stay home very little. First trip was to Mt. Rushmore and area, second trip was to Pennsylvania for the national and we just returned from a circle tour of Lake Superior.
We started off in Escanaba and pulled over at Wawa , Ontario. Only 311 miles the first day. We settled in at the Northern Lights Motel just past the turn-off to Wawa. Great little motel owned and ran by a couple that thought of everything a traveler could possibly think of. Great motel.
The trip across the INTERNATIONAL Bridge was a white knuckler and I have crossed the Mighty Mackinaw Bridge hundreds of times. We went across with a 40 mile-an-hour cross wind. We stopped at the currency exchange just on the other side of the bridge only to find out that my $150.00 american is now only worth $138.00 Canadian. On with the trip. The next day we went to Thunder Bay, Ontario which was only284 miles away. Next day we ended up in Duluth, Minnesota. On the fourth day we traveled only to Ashland where we settled in for the evening after taking in the sights. The fifth day we taveled a short distance to Bayfield for a trip by boat around the Apostle Islands. After the cruise we jumped on the bikes to go home to Escanaba.
It was a fantastic trip with scenery that is just breath taking. This would diffently be a trip for all to take. The overlooks, waterfalls, gorges, Canadian Mountains and Lake Superior are all things that can not even be captured justly on film. We will diffently do this trip again but in the fall as in the third week of September. SOMETHING TO REMEMBER - DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND BOOK YOUR MOTELS BEFORE THE TRIP. GASOLINE IS NO PROBLEM. The Canadians are great people who go out of their way to make you feel at home. Don't forget PASSPORTS OR ENHANCED DRIVER LICENSES.

Pics?

How about some pics of that beautiful scenery? I'd love to visit our friends to the north on my bike sometime!!! Especially Nova Scotia (love the music), and the Canadian Rockies!! And, heck, anywhere in-between!!!

Pictures please!!

Back