• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wireless Internet Access at the Rally

mike cousino

Good news for the people that can't leave home without staying connected. Talked to a guy whose company is installing it and "it" is supposed to cover the whole grounds.
Boy are we coming up in the world! First the biggest woman's toilet and now this.

WI FI = new meaning to Cyber Cafe- Like 30 % of the attendees on line at any time, Streaming Video ?

Cool !

mike cousino said:
Good news for the people that can't leave home without staying connected. Talked to a guy whose company is installing it and "it" is supposed to cover the whole grounds.
Boy are we coming up in the world! First the biggest woman's toilet and now this.

Mike,
That is great and I'll use it myself when I get there, but as Co-Chair for the RA Rally in Boise two weeks before Vermont, I have to say we'll have full coverage wireless for our rally grounds. :nyah

Wireless coverage

GregFeeler said:
Mike,
That is great and I'll use it myself when I get there, but as Co-Chair for the RA Rally in Boise two weeks before Vermont, I have to say we'll have full coverage wireless for our rally grounds. :nyah

Coffee cans and string don't count! :laugh

Friedle

I'll be completely wireless before, during and after the rally. :p

Friedle said:
Coffee cans and string don't count! :laugh

Friedle

I'll be completely wireless before, during and after the rally. :p

That's what Rob and I tried to tell you for years! Congratulations on finally being on broadband and upgrading from that coal-fired computer. :stick

Starbucks?

Double Latte at triple the price? :nono

Give me that old Navy coffee the kind you put your spoon in and the spoon stands straight. :coffee

And the dregs can be used for battery acid although you have to take it out of battery after three days or it will burn out the battery housing.

Did someone mention webcast?

Not only will there be full wireless on the grounds but the MOA Media Department is planning on having three or four cameras providing live feeds to the MOA website.

Best,

Rob Nye said:
Did someone mention webcast?

Not only will there be full wireless on the grounds but the MOA Media Department is planning on having three or four cameras providing live feeds to the MOA website.

Best,

Wow - sounds like an opportunity for rowdy types (think YB) to moon the Internet! :eek :eek :eek

Rally Webcams

The rally webcam feeds from Vermont will be archived. They will then be used in a far-reaching extortion plot. No one is off limits.

Stay Tuned .... :nono

vincewinkel said:
The rally webcam feeds from Vermont will be archived. They will then be used in a far-reaching extortion plot. No one is off limits.

Excellent!! I'm in! :brow

vincewinkel said:

I'm bringing an extra grocery bag to wear on my head.

KBasa said:
I'm bringing an extra grocery bag to wear on my head.

Good idea, but don't forget those boxer shorts I gave you at Lima! A crowd pleaser every time!! :dance Gee, I must have a photo somewhere...

GregFeeler said:
Good idea, but don't forget those boxer shorts I gave you at Lima! A crowd pleaser every time!! :dance Gee, I must have a photo somewhere...

I think they got left on a bench in Lima, to be quite honest. :dunno

not in Lost and Found

KBasa said:
I think they got left on a bench in Lima, to be quite honest.

Hiya Dave ---

Something like that would have piqued my interest -- or at least, my sense of humor. They definitely weren't turned into Lost and Found. :brow

I am thinking that you probably liked them so much you brought them home with you.
:ha :ha

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Hiya Dave ---

Something like that would have piqued my interest -- or at least, my sense of humor. They definitely weren't turned into Lost and Found. :brow

I am thinking that you probably liked them so much you brought them home with you.
:ha :ha

:bluduh

I was going to ask if this would allow streaming video of some of the events for those who could not make it to the rally. :dunno But with this latest turn of the thread... Never mind :bolt

Back