• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mines and MEadows

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
We attended the Mines and Meadows rally this past weekend and all I can say is WOW!

Jim Hyde and his Rawhyde crew put on a fantastic event. I had heard there were about 120 riders registered and all had an incredible time. The event was held at the Mines and Meadows ATV/RV resort north of Pittsburgh, PA. There were miles of trails at various skill levels for the adventurous riders. Food and beverages were excellent and plentiful. And there was the unique aspect of riding through an old limestone mine.

I took the 2-day Intro to Adventure off-road course. I admit I had serious thoughts of bailing out after the first day thinking this just isn't for me. But with the encouragement of an awsome instructor, I hung in there and completed the course. I've learned so much and I am much more comfortable riding in gravel, dirt, trails, wet grass, etc. I'm looking forward to improving my skills and becoming more adventurous.

We also had the unique opportunity of talking with Pieter de Waal, VP of BMW Motorrad, NA. He was out there camping with the rest of us and telling us how much he loves the GS adventure lifestyle.

Jim is hoping to return next year but needs the support of riders and dealers. For those who were put off by the $300 fee, I can say it was definately worth the price. All meals, camping fee, fireside beverages, and commaraderie were included. A few dealers stepped up with some nice door prizes and goodies for all. Those of us who attended are definately hoping to see this become an annual event.

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

great report, nice pics... and good to know that your training is making you feel more comfortable on the bike.

ian

What a great time for you.

Now I am inspired to purchase an Army Tent and have a pie eyed bar tender for the farm. :thumb

:bar

The person behind the bar is Carlos Yanez who owns the Ruddy Duck Brewery in Solonons, MD. Carlos supplied the beer and it was so good, we ran out.

If you're in the area, it's worth a trip just for the Oktoberfest. It was slammin'!:beer

The person behind the bar is Carlos Yanez who owns the Ruddy Duck Brewery in Solonons, MD. Carlos supplied the beer and it was so good, we ran out.

If you're in the area, it's worth a trip just for the Oktoberfest. It was slammin'!:beer

Great idea I may take a road trip there.

Now when are you coming up to Northeast Pa and visit our gameland roads ?

Great idea I may take a road trip there.

Now when are you coming up to Northeast Pa and visit our gameland roads ?

Ya know...we talked about doing that this weekend but i'm putting my bike in for 12K service and have to go pick it up on Saturday. Next weekend, maybe? Are you areound?

Might run to Solomons on Saturday if you're interested.

Ya know...we talked about doing that this weekend but i'm putting my bike in for 12K service and have to go pick it up on Saturday. Next weekend, maybe? Are you areound?

Might run to Solomons on Saturday if you're interested.

This weekend is the Catskills but the following looks great.

Last edited:
Back