• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycles of Charlotte & BMW Performance Center, US Riders Academy

RYD1WD

We are SUPER excited to partner with the folks at the BMW Performance Center US Rider Academy, to offer our customers great deals (15% discount) on some world class training, and the opportunity to host your training experience! One of our staff will accompany each group in Spartanburg for the sessions offered, and join you in the experience!

We need a minimum of 4 customers per session to get the discounts, shown below with the course descriptions. Please RSVP (greg.north@bmw-ducati.com) and let me know what course and date you would like to participate in. Having previously been involved in the training segment, I strongly encourage the use of academy bikes, especially for the OFF ROAD courses - not worrying about dropping your own bike will make a HUGE difference in your learning experience.

In addition, BMW Performance Center US Rider Academy is holding an Open House on April 15 - and from what I'm hearing from the inside, there is going to be a ton of super cool stuff going on! I'll be organizing a small group to enjoy some back roads on the way down for the day, drop me a line if you're interested in joining me.

One Day ON ROAD Course
This one-day course begins with a short classroom session, followed by going over your bike’s operations and track time. After a complimentary lunch, you’ll head back out for advanced exercises and some full laps around the track. We practice challenge by choice, which means we encourage students to go at a pace they feel comfortable with. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$506 - use your own BMW Motorcycle
$642 - use one of ours

Available Dates:
Sunday February 19
Saturday April 1

One Day OFF ROAD Course
Start this one-day session with some classroom instruction that covers the basics of off-road riding. Then, run through exercises that teach balance, control and confidence on varied surfaces. After a complimentary lunch, tackle unique off-road paths complete with ruts and washboards, then practice emergency braking. End the day a better rider than when you woke up. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$540 - Use your own BMW Motorcycle
$676 - Use one of ours

Available Dates:
Saturday February 18
Saturday May 20

Two Day OFF ROAD Course
This two-day offering will have you ready to tackle almost any remote location that you wish to transit. The first day will cover off-road foundations, while day two gets into more focused events like traversing steep inclines and declines, riding through mud, and picking up your bike while on a hill. The enhanced riding skills you learn will become as vital as your favorite pair of boots. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$1,080 - Use your own BMW Motorcycle
$1,352 - Use one of ours

Available Dates:
Saturday-Sunday March 11-12
Saturday-Sunday May 6-7

One Day Adventure Tour
Experience a BMW Adventure bike in a whole new way. Meet at the BMW Performance Center and caravan through picturesque scenery on motorcycle-friendly highways. Once we reach the mountains, we head off the beaten path, where you can explore your BMW’s amazing off-road prowess while taking in the very best views that nature has to offer. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$578 - Use your own BMW Motorcycle
$637 - Use one of ours

Available Dates:
Sunday April 2
Sunday May 21

Questions? greg.north@bmw-ducati.com

I'm putting a Feb 6th cut off date on this program, so if you want in, please let me know in the next week.

I will put something like this together again for some fall dates, so you will have another chance to take advantage should you miss this round!

Back