• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

South/Gulf FLA weather

C

criminaldesign

What's this I hear of a hurricane in the south?

What's the insider knowledge on the info?
I'm heading that direction tomorrow.

Thanks in advance. h

You may get some rain on the west coast or the panhandle.
Stay east or bring a rain suit. Do not worry, ride happy. :)

The talking heads say 6/8 inches in central Al later this week.Today it is cloudy with patches of blue sky here South of Birmingham.Going for a ride in about 10 min or so will have better info when I get back later this afternoon..:D

Thanks guys, I opted for an instate travel over the weekend instead of heading south. It was a last minute change while on the bike leaving driveway. Do I go 1200 miles and possibly deal with rain for most of the week or hang around close by?

Not that I'm opposed to rain or riding it, but I didn't want to go FLA for the rain, wanted to go for the sun!

Here's a ride report from my ride if interested...
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?p=514816#post514816

LAter, h

Ida was a non event, blown out of proportion by the media of course...At least down here the media were hysterical about it, untill they interviewed a local in AL who said there was nothing going on...:D
I am sure the newscasters were disappointed not being able to report some misery...(insert sarcasm)

Last edited:
Started raining Monday night in west Alabama and stopped about 5 PM last evening.

Perfect sunshine and 70 degrees Fahrenheit at the moment.

Sorry I didn't get back...Tuesday was the only rain day,rained all day not hard,but steady.Since then nothing but sunshine and blue skies..Should be in mid 70's all weekend.Lets Ride:)

Back