• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from S.E. Pa

Robby RT

Hello to all, I'm new to the Forum. I purchased a 2013 RT in Oct. and already have 4,600 miles already. To say I love this bike would be an understatement. I have some great trips planned for this summer.

Attachments

• P1010001 (1024x768).jpg
    P1010001 (1024x768).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010009 (1024x768).jpg
    P1010009 (1024x768).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 171
Tail of the Dragon for sure, was there last year on my Honda Shadow. Also plenty of two/three day trips in the mountains of Pa.

Welcome, I pass through Elverson from time to time on my wanderings around SE PA. What bridge is that in your photo?

Welcome Rob.
I'm hoping to make it to Gettysburg, but unfortunately, it will not be this weekend with the BMWMOA event.

More pictures

A few more pics....

Attachments

• P4210013 (800x600).jpg
    P4210013 (800x600).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 134
  • P4210015 (800x600).jpg
    P4210015 (800x600).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 133
MARs

Welcome, Robby!

You may be interested in joining the Mid Atlantic Riders for breakfast at the Longwood Diner on Route 1 on May 11th. We meet the second saturday of each month for breakfast or lunch and a ride. Great group of people who get together and ride regularly. In fact, we just got back from a chilly weekend in West Virginia.

Our website is currently under reconstruction so there is no current info there yet but email me for details. tracy@novacich.com

Welcome, Robby!

You may be interested in joining the Mid Atlantic Riders for breakfast at the Longwood Diner on Route 1 on May 11th. We meet the second saturday of each month for breakfast or lunch and a ride. Great group of people who get together and ride regularly. In fact, we just got back from a chilly weekend in West Virginia.

Our website is currently under reconstruction so there is no current info there yet but email me for details. tracy@novacich.com

Tracy, how the heck are ya?? I need to get down to catch up with you soon! Can't on May 11, though!!! Thanks for the reminder about MARS. Hope all is well with you!

Allo ....and welcome from northern Ontario, Canada. Your new ride looks GREAT....congrats. Keep logging the miles. If my wife had it her way, we would be riding one of those. She says she would rather travel on the back of an RT than our GS. They look so comfortable she says.....
Rob.

Welcome aboard! Plenty of fun roads for an RT to play on your way, also head west to southern York County, or up towards Fort Indian Town Gap and Rt 125 to Shamokin, a good day trip from your area. Also some great 1-2 night trips down to VW from S.E. PA, can run down 81 to get to the twisties quick, or take Rt 30 through Gettysburg west and drop down Rt 26 into MD and WV.

Some great folks on this forum when you need tech advice or just about anything for that matter, just remember not to bring up religion, politics, guns, or breast feeding.....wait, that last one might not be on the list.....:brow

Anyway, enjoy the RT, beautiful bike!

In fact, we just got back from a chilly weekend in West Virginia.

Tracy, I was down with 3 other non-GS riders the same weekend, saw one of your group members at the store at Seneca Rocks just as the rain was letting up Friday afternoon. We ended up cutting our trip short and headed home Saturday as it was a bit chilly to tent camp (for us anyway). Would have liked to run into you, been a few years since breakfast with Terrance on the way to Hermy's open house. Ride safe!

John

John1961,
I just did rt 125 from Pine Grove to Shamokin. Wow! What a road, I thought I was on the Tail of the Dragon!

I really like Rt 9 from Berkely Springs WV down through PawPaw. Then Rt 50 to Winchester Va and on to Rt 11 back to C-burg

Rockbottom,.....have you ever been on rt 74 from 944 north to Port Royal? I did that the other weekend. Another great road.

I'm gonna try Gold Mine road between 443 and 324 the next good weekend I have available. Any other good roads to try?

233 from Mont Alto to Landisburg
850 from Landisburg north to the intersection with 35
641 from Newburgh west until it intersects with 522
26 south from Everett
997 from Roxbury to the intersection with 233
994 from 26 to 522
26 between Huntington and State College
144 from Snow Shoe to Renovo
120 from Renovo to Lock Haven
447 from the intersection with 522 south of Lock Haven to the intersection with 192
849 from Duncannon to the intersection with 34
554 from Williamsport south to the intersection with 44
14 from Trout Run to Canton
154 from the intersection with 14 to the intersection with 220
864 from Farragut to Picture Rock (if it's been paved in the last year)

Thanks,
You just made my Summer, I'm going to check them off one by one. By the way, you live close to Heaven. North of Carlisle has some great rural roads.

Back