• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally!!

Fritzc

The most annoying feature of my Schuberth Helmet was its habit of the faceshield (not the chin bar) slamming down when least expected. When I want it down I want it down! When I want it up I want it up!! Dealers have always given me the old "Safety Factor" excuse for the shield to close at speed. BS! If I want safety, I'll drive a tank! ( but not in combat however).
I just ordered parts 5010-01 and 5010-02, right and left side bushings from my faithfull BMW dealer of Grand Rapids Michigan who also is a dealer for Schuberth Helmets. The new bushings have a rubber backed detente (sp) for the "dog" or clicker thingy that makes it a much firmer lock at each position. Now I can ride with the faceshield at any position I want at any speed I want. In the past, I have discussed this with several people on different forums and cannot remember which. So if you are having this problem, here is a fix. :wave

Speed Indicator

I use the shield comming down as a tell the I am passing 80mph, and like you I do not like it when the shield does come down so thanks for the tip and being as how I need to call my dealer soon I will see about ordering those bushings.

Fritz said:
The most annoying feature of my Schuberth Helmet was its habit of the faceshield (not the chin bar) slamming down when least expected. When I want it down I want it down! When I want it up I want it up!! Dealers have always given me the old "Safety Factor" excuse for the shield to close at speed. BS! If I want safety, I'll drive a tank! ( but not in combat however).
I just ordered parts 5010-01 and 5010-02, right and left side bushings from my faithfull BMW dealer of Grand Rapids Michigan who also is a dealer for Schuberth Helmets. The new bushings have a rubber backed detente (sp) for the "dog" or clicker thingy that makes it a much firmer lock at each position. Now I can ride with the faceshield at any position I want at any speed I want. In the past, I have discussed this with several people on different forums and cannot remember which. So if you are having this problem, here is a fix. :wave

GREAT, thak you for that. I have been wrestling with this for a time. I sometimes take the shield off and leave it at home. Then if it rains I hate it, no finally a fix. thank you, thank you.

Back