• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R62 Engine - The Search is On

B

Bill Burke

Heads-
One of our brothers in New Zealand, Peter Barnett, sent me the following
email. I referred him to Vech, and Peter has apparently emailed him,
but I thought I'd put this on the Vintage Forum in case someone knows of an R62 engine out there. If you do, or if you have a suggestion, send it on to Peter at:

barnettfamily@paradise.net.nz

>> Bill,
>>
>> The main focus is finding the R62 engine or engine parts at present The
>> bike has the correct frame and gearbox to go with the R62 engine. The
>> R12
>> engine currently fitted is in need of an overhaul.
>> I am trying to decide whether to repair the R12 engine which needs a
>> full
>> rebuild, or wait for the correct R62 engine and spend my money
>> rebuilding that. Once I have the correct engine I will assess what other
>> parts are required. I would appreciate any club listing that might help
>> in
>> my search.
>> Thanks for your reply,
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Peter.