• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from GA

jcurt325

Hello all! New member from Savannah, GA. Couple of months into playing with a '72 R75/5. Completely new to BMWs and pouring over this site to get up to speed. Many thanks in advance!

Curt

Attachments

• r75 copy.jpg
    r75 copy.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 64
Welcome. Glad you are here! :wave

Great introductory post with pics. :thumb

You need to get hooked up with the Airhead guys. Their motto? "Simple by choice."

One of them told me the last good Beemer ever made was a /5 so you got a good one.

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Welcome! Your airhead looks to be in really nice shape. What's the story with how you came to own it?

BTW, I love your city. :)

I blame Barber. Lol.

Me and a buddy rode from Savannah, GA to Birmingham, AL this past October to attend the Barber Vintage bike festival. It was an awesome experience, and I highly recommend to anyone who is in to vintage bikes. 61k thousand people in attendance and just more bikes than you can imagine. And (no offense to Harley folks) the show is not a harley show and has a huge turn out of import and rare bikes. We did 1,200 miles in three days on a '78 cb750 and '82 Yamaha 550 Seca. Camped at the track and enjoyed every second of it. Anyways, BMWs had a huge presence there and there were just so many gorgeous airheads it really conjured up my old attraction to them. Got back and started scouring craigslist. Found this one down in Orlando (4-ish hour drive from me). Fella had picked it up and rode it a little but hadn't done much to it. Threw down the money and took it on the spot. She needs some sprucing up here and there and has some carburetor issues i'm working through as indicated in my post in the airhead section, but man its an addictive bike.

Group of us rode up to Hilton Head Island, SC this past weekend for lunch, which is a couple hour run. In our group was my airhead, buddies Seca from Barber, a '78 cb750F and a new cb1100. And I have to say, while the old airhead got smoked at every red-light, it got the most nods and looks on the way up and just floated along its merry way.

With that collection of bikes, our joke was we were recreating the Axis Powers and only needed to find a Triumph and Harley to chase us around the island to complete the act.

Back