• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dgt = Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian, you are right, it mostly sucked. I suspect that the moderators will be busy the next several days cleaning up the spill-over on the rest of the forum. It was, however, a noble experiment and I am pleased that it was allowed to transpire.

it sucked.

ian

forum liaison

:dance

This is a bike forum. I will not miss DGT, as DGT just took up room. It would of been fine with me if the DGT forum was buried to not see the topics.

I also appreciate the moderator time they put in to the forum. I don't think we should expect the mod to be babysitting a few members 24/7. I thank the mods for all the volunteer time.

Some may not know it, but the moderators seem to read every post. They like to keep it PG-13.

I'm sure there will be some mighty amounts of complaining about this.

I think there will be minimal spill over into the other forum areas. We finally have a written forum policy as to what IS and IS NOT acceptable, and that pretty much takes care of any concerns about getting that type of posting in the campfire, or anywhere else, for that matter. If it starts up again, there is complete justification for a warning/move to the doghouse/banning, as necessary.

Personally, I'm not too broken up about it. It will also make it easier to keep up with all the other posting going on around here. :p

Ratm

And you do what they told you...now your under control.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkuOAY-S6OY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkuOAY-S6OY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The reason I'm sorry to see DGT gone is that I suffer from chronic low blood pressure, and DGT was way cheaper than prescription drugs. A space on the forum that was most often frequented by a group small enough to count on one's fingers didn't seem to justify the space it took up. Ya done good.

Floyd

The reason I'm sorry to see DGT gone is that I suffer from chronic low blood pressure, and DGT was way cheaper than prescription drugs. A space on the forum that was most often frequented by a group small enough to count on one's fingers didn't seem to justify the space it took up. Ya done good.

Floyd

You may go back to sleep now. Everything is fine.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

Did it contain anything objectionable? The observation had been made that it really stayed pretty civil.

On top of that, it was slightly more difficult to get into than the rest of our fora- it required a unique and deliberate series of clicks, at least on my computer.

So it might not have 'fit' what we are about. By that measure, we should also abolish the Campfire forum.

At the very least, those DGT threads were not offensive and included good reasonable dicourse should have been moved to Campfire before DGT was removed. Note that it was not merely closed to further posts, but removed altogether.

So what would have made DGT a success? I think that question is rather loudly begged, since DGT has been deemed a failure.

Fair enough, there is always C,S, and M at ADVriders.

that's the spirit

and besides, there's actually more than 6 people who use it over there and the "mental challenge" is considerably greater (some of those guys REALLY know their stuff):laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back