• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600B Tail/Luggage Rack

janda

I haven't been able to find a tail/luggage rack for my K1600B. Side cases are great, but I do tour using Wolfman or Kriega soft dry bags. Not happy using just the passenger section of the saddle as a platform. I have no desire for passenger back rest as I no longer ride 2 up. I have seen a few that members have fabricated themselves, but is not within my capabilities. Any feedback would be appreciated.

K1600B luggage rack

I have also just got a K1600B and did find that Wunderlich America does have a back rest and luggage rack. I did purchase the back rest first as the whole combination is expensive and will get the luggage rack at a later date. Also, try Sargent Seats as they have a rear backrest that uses a rack off of the passenger hand rails to mount. The website does say that they will be releasing a rear rack shortly.

K1600b

Spoke to Dane at Sargent Monday about the "Platform" that is anticipated. It's an add on to the back rest mount, which is fine. He was very helpful but they have no anticipated plan for production at this point. I have no interest in the back rest but what they show on their website as the platform is what I'm looking for. I'll check out Wunderlich again.

Back