• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Noob from Burien, WA

tkbowman

I've been a MOA member for several years after joining at the Seattle International M/C show, but I've not spent much time on this forum. I'm registered for my first BMW national event at Redmond, OR this coming July, 2010.

My BMW ride is an '03 F650GSLA (factory lowered) that has been heavily farkled including a Race Tech front suspension, HB crash bars, HID lighting, self-built switched power panel, LED brake light, TKC 80's, DATEL voltmeter, GERBING power outlet, HT Panniers and rear rack, multiple GPS', SPOT V2, and a few other things. Pictures are in the F&G message board section. I love riding this bike on forest service and other non-paved roads. I bought it originally to ride to Alaska, but I ended up taking my Wing first. Someday, it'll make it there on the F650.

My other rides include a GL1800A and an ST1100 and I'm active over on ADVRider and the other bikes' sites.

I've taught lots of M/C classes (both technical and fun), and have written a number of articles on motorcycles and motorcycling for print and online media. I've given a presentation on Dual Sport riding at my local BMW dealer that was very well received. I present a segment on Gadgets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month on an internet radio program found at www.sidestandup.com

As a CPA, I run the Accounting Department for the major private Real Estate franchising firm headquartered in Seattle. Since purchasing and riding my first motorcycle in 2002 ( a Gold Wing), I've logged well over 130k miles and earned my IBA certificate last year).

Usually I'm found on a motorcycle every day. You might say I have the passion.

Back