• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just Installed! Clearwater "Krista"

paulsgs

I have been waiting for my pair to get here and finally got them on last weekend. Some early thoughts, you get what you pay for. The wiring harness, and all other connectors are of the highest quality I have ever seen. (I've installed a Stebel Horn and front and rear Photron Led's) so the difference is striking. The lamps themselves are extremely rugged as it the dimmer . Here are some pix during the daytime, I plan on doing ther nightime test over the weekend.

Attachments

• adv1.jpg
    adv1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,722
I have been waiting for my pair to get here and finally got them on last weekend. Some early thoughts, you get what you pay for. The wiring harness, and all other connectors are of the highest quality I have ever seen. (I've installed a Stebel Horn and front and rear Photron Led's) so the difference is striking. The lamps themselves are extremely rugged as it the dimmer . Here are some pix during the daytime, I plan on doing ther nightime test over the weekend.

These are on the normal low beam

Attachments

• adv2.jpg
    adv2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,720
How difficult were they to install? Are the wiring harnesses "plug and play" or did you have to cut and splice? They look super bright! I've found that with LEDs, their performance gets better as the environment gets darker. The Krista's almost make the Photron LEDs look laughable in comparison.

How difficult were they to install? Are the wiring harnesses "plug and play" or did you have to cut and splice? They look super bright! I've found that with LEDs, their performance gets better as the environment gets darker. The Krista's almost make the Photron LEDs look laughable in comparison.

They were basically plug and play. The directions were a bit vague when it came to wiring to the hi beam switch, but after figuring it out, I told the guys at Clearwater and they will/did adjust the directions. There is one posi tap you have to do, then you take out the parking bulb and slip in the included harness and it all works! The wiring is really heavy duty. I hope to have some night time pix soon (so you know, I did take some head on ones, but it was sooo bright, the pictures were a total white out)

Yeah but whats the riding experience like?

Do they open up the dark sufficiently to justify the cost? Do they bother on coming drivers?

Lo Beam no aux lights

This was lo beam with the Krista's covered up

Attachments

• Lo Beam.jpg
    Lo Beam.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,371
Hi beam w/o Clearwater

Hi beam with Clearwaters covered up

Attachments

• Hi Beam.jpg
    Hi Beam.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,377
Last edited:
Hi beam with Clearwaters on full

Clearwaters on full

Attachments

• Hi beam with Clearwaters on High.jpg
    Hi beam with Clearwaters on High.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,443
Cockpit view, lo beam

Lo beam on, Clearwater on low

Attachments

• low beam, aux on low.jpg
    low beam, aux on low.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,340
Last edited:
Hi beam, with Clearwaters on full

Cockpit view, all on high

Attachments

• Hi beam with Clearwaters on High cockpit view.jpg
    Hi beam with Clearwaters on High cockpit view.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,455
Thank you very much for your post. I am very interested in the Krista's and this helped me a lot. How much disassembly of the bike was necessary for the install?

Ray

Nice write up!

I've had Kristas on my sidecar rig for about three weeks now, and recently got to try them at night in rural PA. With my wonderful dog in the sidecar I live in dread of encounters with deer, but these lights were so fantastic at not only throwing light downrange, but at illuminating the sides of the road that I was able to spot the hooved devils WAY before they became a concern!

Back