• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thread preview: possible to turn off?

leehopp

When I hover over a list of threads I get what I would call a preview window which gets in the way of seeing everything. Is it possible to turn this feature off? I've tried searching on the word "preview" but maybe that's not the right word.
Tnx -

Lee -

This is the first time I've heard of this. Is it something like the picture below? I hovered over the "Pure Gas:" thread and the window popped up. I may have seen this before, but I rarely spend much time hovering. If there's a thread I want to read, I click on the thread title. If I want to go to the last unread post in the thread, I click on the circle in front of the thread title. If I move my cursor, the preview disappears. Eventually it disappears if I just leave the mouse where it is.

Beyond that, I'm not sure that the preview pane can be turned off. Likely a built in "feature" of VBulletin.

Attachments

• MOAPreview.jpg
    MOAPreview.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 42
Interesting, I think most find that a valuable feature. Once you see it, you just move on :scratch
OM

Kurt - yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
OM - thanks for your response.
Bottom line for me: I can live with it. Just wondering if I missed an option somewhere.

Bottom line for me: I can live with it. Just wondering if I missed an option somewhere.

I only know of two options.
Keep your cursor away from the thread title.
If you touch the title and get the pop up, quickly remove your cursor.

I like that feature, it sometimes determines whether I open a thread for further reading or if I move on.

Back