• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K100 or K75 seat identification

oldcarman

I got this seat as a extra part, with a 1986 K100RT I purchased. The guy told me it was a "low" seat for the K100 and K75 bikes. The pn on the seat is 52531308113, but I can not find this pn on either K100RT or K75 RT BMW parts fiche. I hate to throw it away so Id like to identify what it is so I can sell it cheap or give it away. I no longer have the bike. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20181017_163156_resized B.jpg
    20181017_163156_resized B.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20191010_102417_resized B.jpg
    20191010_102417_resized B.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 77
  • 20181017_163117_resized B.jpg
    20181017_163117_resized B.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 76
The number on the pan is not a part number.
Looks like it could be a low seat.

1991-bmw-k75s-92964-303.jpg

I may be interested

I may be purchasing a 1987 K75S this weekend. I am 6' 1" and the standard seat felt a little tall for me. I like my feet flat on the ground. Can I let you know this weeks end?

My understanding is that the seat swap is more involved than just replacing the cushioned bench.

There is a K75 here on my local market that had the low seat swapped for a standard seat. (Unfortunately, I need a low seat.) The owner told me he spent something like $600+ making the conversion to the taller seat. (It wasn’t clear to me whether those were DIY costs, or he payed someone else to do it.)

My understanding is that the seat swap is more involved than just replacing the cushioned bench.

There is a K75 here on my local market that had the low seat swapped for a standard seat. (Unfortunately, I need a low seat.) The owner told me he spent something like $600+ making the conversion to the taller seat. (It wasn’t clear to me whether those were DIY costs, or he payed someone else to do it.)

There are significant differences. A low seat is best used as a replacement for a damaged or worn low seat and a tall seat is best as a replacement for a tall seat.

The tall seat is hinged at the side and has a release pin at the lock on the opposite side. The lock mechanism pushes in. The low seat does not have a hinge. It has recesses into which two small hook like pins slide at the rear of the seat. It has a latching mechanism at the front of the seat. The lock and latch mechanism has a lever that rotates.

Back