• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Allright...I'm gonna go there: underpants

rick601

Yeah. I don't think I've seen any discussion thereof. I wonder what other riders prefer in the way of underpants for riding. fabric, style (boxer, brief, etc- not designer vs name brand!) As the seats on all three of my bikes tend to push me a little forward, I find occasional pressure on the boys. also sometimes digging in at the top of the legs. I also wonder if any fabrics are better at preventing monkeybutt. I've found that my close fitting poly-type boxers (not loose but formfitting) are the worse. but I haven't come up with the ideal type. while standing up on the pegs and bouncing will "re-set" my outer pants, it won't help with the underpants.

Well there, I did it! (Not without a little embarrassment )

Some seem to like the LD Comfort, some bicycle shorts and some Ex-Officio to keep their bottoms comfy.
A bit of searching should show you :eek how it's done.
OM

Yeah. I don't think I've seen any discussion thereof. I wonder what other riders prefer in the way of underpants for riding. fabric, style (boxer, brief, etc- not designer vs name brand!) As the seats on all three of my bikes tend to push me a little forward, I find occasional pressure on the boys. also sometimes digging in at the top of the legs. I also wonder if any fabrics are better at preventing monkeybutt. I've found that my close fitting poly-type boxers (not loose but formfitting) are the worse. but I haven't come up with the ideal type. while standing up on the pegs and bouncing will "re-set" my outer pants, it won't help with the underpants.

Well there, I did it! (Not without a little embarrassment )

Which bikes and seats? When a seat is too soft, I'm not a fan.

Last edited:
Many choices / many opinions. Here's one from my personal vault of touring tips:

Tried the LD products - held "the boys" in a vise - also covered to much area and got warm - fast. Didn't like them.

Have used these for years - not just for riding, either - very comfy, and yet 'supportive.' You can also rinse them at the end of the day, clothespin them to the curtains over the air conditioner during the night, and good to go the next day. :thumb

Only negative is the price, but I've yet to wear a pair out!

https://www.amazon.com/Exofficio-GN...0945639&sr=8-31&keywords=mens+underwear+nylon

Many choices / many opinions. Here's one from my personal vault of touring tips:

Tried the LD products - held "the boys" in a vise - also covered to much area and got warm - fast. Didn't like them.

Have used these for years - not just for riding, either - very comfy, and yet 'supportive.' You can also rinse them at the end of the day, clothespin them to the curtains over the air conditioner during the night, and good to go the next day. :thumb

Only negative is the price, but I've yet to wear a pair out!

https://www.amazon.com/Exofficio-GN...0945639&sr=8-31&keywords=mens+underwear+nylon

I can support the Exofficio brand...................
jason

I usually wear Under Armour. The ones that look like bicycle shorts, but without the pad.

Tidy any color but white

Duluth Trading Buck Naked any of the types or ExOfficio watch for the sales

Which bikes and seats? When a seat is too soft, I'm not fan.

I have a 2004 Triumph Thunderbird sport - i usually ride with the "solo" seat- fairly firm. My Harley XR1200 is surprisingly comfy but with that foreward tilt- don't know if I'd call the OEM seat hard or soft. My BMW is a 2016 R1200RT.

I have a 2004 Triumph Thunderbird sport - i usually ride with the "solo" seat- fairly firm. My Harley XR1200 is surprisingly comfy but with that foreward tilt- don't know if I'd call the OEM seat hard or soft. My BMW is a 2016 R1200RT.

I have a friend with a XR 1200 he took a girlfriend for a ride one day his boys complained a lot

There's a similar thread on the LT forum right now...

I also tried the LDComfort shorts and found them itchy, hot and downright uncomfortable (just my opinion...I know many riders love them). That led me to try Moto Skiveez:

http://motoskiveez.com

They are similar to a bicycle short (with padding in the seat), but with different fabric panels sewed into various places on the shorts. I wore them through the heat in NV, AZ, UT and NM on my way to the SLC rally. While I was plenty uncomfortable in other ways, the shorts did the job, stayed comfortable and no monkey butt. I wear the Adventure model.

I have no association with the company...just a satisfied customer.

I used Kirkland brand (Costco) boxers. Yes, the top of my thighs did make me uncomfortable at times. I found though that if I stood up for a second and sat back down on my Airhawk, if I did so with a little side to side motion, I could get the seam that was causing the pressure to move off to the side.

Maybe that "technique" will work for you.

If the "boys" are causing a problem, you could have them removed. Then the king would allow you in with his harem. ;)

Chris

I have them all, Duluth Trading, Ex Officio, Under Armour, and others. They are all good but if I have a long day ahead of me the LD Comfort is what I reach for first.

I used Kirkland brand (Costco) boxers. Yes, the top of my thighs did make me uncomfortable at times. I found though that if I stood up for a second and sat back down on my Airhawk, if I did so with a little side to side motion, I could get the seam that was causing the pressure to move off to the side.

Maybe that "technique" will work for you.

If the "boys" are causing a problem, you could have them removed. Then the king would allow you in with his harem. ;)

Chris

+1 for Kirkland boxer briefs. No issues and the price is right. I ride exclusively with a bead rider cover on my seat.

Back