• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ozarks foothills

gstom

This is my first post to the forum, xo its kind of a test. Saturday was a gorgeous day here in the extreme SW corner of Missouri. I went looking for fall colors, saw a few, but the trees are just beginning to turn. Took this photo from a hillside public road that you have to cross cattle guards to use. Ah the pleasure of owning a GS!!:)

Attachments

• valleyviewa.jpg
    valleyviewa.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 359
Played Hookey Friday

Last Friday I had a client meeting near the Arkansas Line that lasted til noon. I had no desire to go back to the office, so I played hookey and tried some new roads and some familiar friends. It was overcast, but pleasant. Took some pics of some local sights.
This first one is north of Noel, Missouri on Hwy 59. Falling rocks takes on a new dimension here.

Attachments

• noel 1.jpg
    noel 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 291
three corners

here is the monument at the point where Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma meet

Attachments

• 4corners1.jpg
    4corners1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 275
the other corner

view from north side of monument

Attachments

• 4corners2.jpg
    4corners2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 268
Historic Dam Site

Here is the low water crossing and remains of the old mill dam on Big Sugar Creek at Cyclone, Missouri. I was here in the Spring, but chose not to make the crossing as there was about 8 inches of water flowing across the road. This time I crossed and found some delightful dirt roads. There are some very reclusive people down here so one must respect there right to privacy, so I stayed on the main roads.

Attachments

• cyclone1.jpg
    cyclone1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 256
Cyclone Turbines

here are the turbines from the Cyclone Mill

Attachments

• cyclone3.jpg
    cyclone3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 259
Back roads in the Ozarks

this is just a shot of one of the backroads I was on. I could ride all day on these:) Had a great day. We are still waiting for full fall colors here (10/15), but they are just around the corner I'm sure.

Attachments

• powell 1.jpg
    powell 1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 244
Very nice.

I have not really had a chance to enjoy any foliage in New England so I am going to try for a long weekend in the Southeast. You pictures are getting me motivated...

Thanks for posting them.

Best,

Tom,

You've shown me parts of Missouri I would have never expected. Those were terrific!

Do you have lots of dirt to ride there?

Great Shots!! You are letting out some great secrets about your state. I used to come to missouri to fish, and I think I will have to get back for the riding. Very nice people and beautiful scenery. thanks again for sharing.

Thanks for the shots

Great pics. One of my favorite riding memories is going through Missouri (though not on dirt roads). I love the Ozarks and the way the highway is cut through them.
I spent a night sleeping on a picnic table near the Western border because it was summer time and every motel, hotel and campground was full. When the weather is good, make reservations in the Ozarks!
I also love some of the wine from Missouri. And the people are great. Other than that, I can't stand the place!
Thanks for sparking those pleasant thoughts with your fine photos.

Cyclone Location (non GPS)

Cyclone is about 9 miles east of Pineville, Mo (extreme SW corner of the state) on a paved county road which meanders up the Big Sugar Creek valley, a very pretty ride. Big Sugar is a popular canoe strem and there are several campgrounds along the valley. At Cyclone, you cross the low water bridge and the pavement ends and the GS fun begins. You can follow the Big Sugar valley for several miles of dirt roads all the way into Northern Arkansas.
Many bald eagles roost here in this valley in the spring.

Thanks for all the positive responses to my post. Tom

Re: Cyclone Location (non GPS)

GS Tom said:
Thanks for all the positive responses to my post. Tom

Thanks for putting them up, Tom.

One of our hopes when we put the Ride Reports forum up was that folks would put up pictures of rallies they'd been to, trips they'd been on and little rides in their neck of the woods.

Those kind of things can be the spark that gets you to break out of your usual summer rally routine and explore someplace new.

Great pictures, Tom. It makes me want to leave this winter wonder land and head your way. We have 4 inches of snow on the ground right now, and 8 degrees as I write this. :cry

Back