• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Do we need another florida club??

1995gs

Hello Florida Riders,

We are moving to Venice, FL and when I checked out local clubs in that area, I found the Tampa Bay Club and the Naples Club. There doesn't seem to be a club that would be close to Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, Punta Gorda, Ft Myers and sourrounding areas. From Venice, the Tampa Club is over 95 miles and the Naples Club is 99 miles away. Certainly, not a very long trip but hard to manage breakfast rides.

Even if a new group was not organized, are there enough BMW owners and riders who would like to do some rides together, occassional breakfast gatherings, etc that live within Bradenton to Punta Gorda / Ft Myers?

I belong to a BMW club in Maine and have a GSA to ride up there. My FL ride will be my classic 1984R80RT. Let's see if this post brings any interest!

Florida keys

I live in the keys and its a longer way but kind of nice ride to your area once I'm out of the keys. If you do get something going I will try to make some breakfast meetings if they're more around the brunching hour.

Florida Clubs

I'm in Jacksonville and have been an active member in the Northeast Florida club #42. We host the only remaining BMW themed rally in FL each MLK weekend in mid January. Our 32nd annual is coming up in a few months. Registration just opened and attendance is limited to 500. It sells out every year. It is the place to go to meet other BMW riders in FL. See www.bmwnef.org. We have about 375 members while the other FL clubs have more like 50 each. Not sure why that is, but I've been a BMW rider/member since 2002 and that's the way it's been. There used to be quite a few more regional clubs throughout FL, but not today.

There used to be a small club based near your area that was supported by Haps BMW in Sarasota area. They used to hold a very nice little rally each November called the Sun Your Buns Rally. Last one was in 2013, sadly. There is also another smaller rally called Coonbottom that is held the weekend prior to turkeyday in November. This is put on by the Poverty Riders out of Tallahassee and the FL Moto Guzzi club. Lot's of BMW's will be there, but it's not specifically a " BMW" rally. We had over 20 members attend last November. There is no website and info is nearly impossible to find. Contact me via email below if you can make it.

Finally, the FLairheads are a very active group down here. There is a big airhead tech day in Naples the first weekend of January. It will be announced in Airhead shortly. Other airhead tech days occur each year in Homosassa, Orlando, St Augustine, Tallahasse, etc. Kevin Reimer is our FL Airmarshal. There are lots of FLairheads in SW Florida.

Larry in Jax, FL
saddlesore904@comcast.net

I’m about 5 miles north of Venice. I just got back in the game and now own/ride a 2004 R1150R. I’m not aware of clubs in our area but also haven’t been looking. I’ll go for a ride.

Still looking...

Hey,

This thread hasn't been updated for a while, but now I believe is the time 😀.

Do we have any active club around Venice?

Thank you,

Gus

I live in Bradenton and will be going to a ride put on by Eurocycles Tampa on Sunday Jan 12. They do rides the second Tues of each month, this will be my first, so I do not know what it is like. I will be riding up with a friend and joining at least 2 others en route to shop.
Speaking of clubs, Haps Gulf Coast Riders. Their website is www.hapsgulfcoastriders.com. I just got my BMW and recently moved here, so I do not know what this club is like and have not gotten the chance to meet them.
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To anyone available on Feb 9, Eurocycles Tampa will be hosting a group ride from their shop,
www.eurocyclesoftampabay.com. Myself and a few others will be heading up from Bradenton. Went this month and there were at least 20 bikes, had a good time and made new friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back