• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camelbaks & coffee?

lancew

Have bike, will travel
I know a lot of people use Camelbaks, especially on longer rides.

Is it strictly for H2O or can I put coffee in one?

(three reasons for asking- 1) I need a haircut, 2) My favorite barber is 300 miles from here, and 3) It's supposed to be cold this weekend!)

Hi,

Many people put drinks other than H2O in Camelbacks such as Gatorade. As far as I know there is no problem with this other than the bladder, tubing and mouth piece will have to be cleaned out which could be a pain. I think Camelback makes cleaning devices specifically for this.

Gizmo said:
I think Camelback makes cleaning devices specifically for this.

They do. It has a long springy hose to clean the tube with, some cleaning goo and a little gizmo to hold the bag open so it'll dry.

Worth it.

1. As long as you clean it out soon after use, it shouldn't be a real problem.
2. don't be surprised if there is some slight flavor retention.

As for something other than coffee, I've put all sorts of things in one of those bags. But I would caution that only an idiot would put a carbonated beverage in a camelbak.

yep

BTDT

But without that Mountain Dew, that last stretch would have been unrideable. The ever expanding burping bag (actually a Platypus) just made it that much more entertaining.

lancew said:
Is it strictly for H2O or can I put coffee in one?

For all the reasons others mentioned, you may want to consider having a bladder strictly for coffee...depending on how often you want to do this, that is.

Re: Re: Camelbaks & coffee?

BMWGypsy said:
For all the reasons others mentioned, you may want to consider having a bladder strictly for coffee...depending on how often you want to do this, that is.

:rofl :rofl

I don't think coffee even bothers stopping in my bladder.....

Back