• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

6 more weeks

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Well, looks like Phil saw his shadow-

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/groundhog-day-2018-punxsutawney-phil-live-updates/

punxsutawney-phil-groundhog-day-2015-memes-7.jpg

:huh

OM

6 more weeks................I giggle, a bit, but sad a little too.

My hope of dry pavement and temps above 0C within this next three months are kinda like my hopes for peace on Earth and goodwill towards all mankind with equality for all of us.

Even my truck said, F-You this morning.

While I was very disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm my truck had, I kinda took a hint and decided going back to bed might be a good idea. I think I had 20 seconds before, "WTF, None of our "stuff" will start!!!"

Turns out, when "stuff" gets that cold, no "stuff" works.

BUT!!!, I know that. Apparently anybody under the age of 50 don't know Jack "stuff" wants to turn over when it's so cold that an erection looks like a miracle.

My hope of dry pavement and temps above 0C within this next three months are kinda like my hopes for peace on Earth and goodwill towards all mankind with equality for all of us...

You guys suffer, in Manitoba; and in Saskatchewan.

Our local groundhog didn't see his shadow. :)

Beautiful riding weather on the west coast lately -- my morning commute in the upper 40's and afternoon ride home in the lower 70's.

Northeast US is usually the last area to warm up. It's silly to even ask if there will be six more weeks of winter...

Taste

It wasn't winter or the ground would have been frozen preventing dig ups, by the way I hear woodchucks taste like possum!

What passes for winter here is nothing like wither in Ill. The previous 2 winters there was no snow and the thickest ice on the ponds was maybe 1/2 inch. This year we had a respectable 2 inches. The ground did freeze, sadly last week it thawed. Poor groundhog.

Rod

Take your pick...every weather possibility short of 100° temps today in the Lone Star
I know no comparison for the Winter states and provinces...but a colorful map today:banghead

Was in the 70s yesterday, 37° at noon today:wave

20180221_121626.jpg

Mid 70’s here today.......was mid 60’s yesterday. Perhaps mid 30’s tomorrow :dunno
I’ll take it.....we are over the hump as the next thing coming is spring- at least the season.
Took the motorhome on a grocery run to “limber it up” a little.
OM

20180221_171711.jpg

a 50° swing from the panhandle to the valley this afternoon:violin

Been rumbling here all day, but went on both sides of us...need rain in the tanks!

I don't know about the Winter lasting longer, this shot of T-storms and flooding this weekend from TX up to Illinois is a mess. Hope everyone is doing well. Was thinking pretty early for major river flooding:scratch
We finally got sunshine today and projected best day Monday before the next round of wet.

We got an inch of fresh snow last night and have fog in the valleys this morning. Temperatures are supposed to make it to the 40s this coming week.... finally.

Was watching the grandurchins this morning; the view from my daughter’s home:

62_D453_EF-703_C-4387-93_A5-3533_E0_FEA90_C.jpg

Back