• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Seat Options?

My K75s has a Corbin Dual Canyon seat and the cover is worn out (cracked,etc). I'm trying to figure out what to do. Corbin wants almost $400 with shipping back and forth to recover it, so I think that is out. The seats on Ebay seem to be in pretty rough shape, about like mine, so they too would need recovered. A couple of questions:

1) Anyone had any luck finding a seat cover for these seats? A local upholster could put it on for me. I see one offered on Ebay for about $50, but I wonder about the quality and the final fit, assuming it would even work with the Dual Canyon seat.

2) The Corbin hinges open. What about the "Sliding Dual" seat from BMW? Was that the most common seat put on the k75 bikes, or a pretty rare option? It apparently does not hinge but somehow hooks in the back and front. Are these a decent seat for the bike? I can't figure out from the parts diagram exactly how they actually worked, and if the side push button on the Corbin works with the other style.

The standard K75 seat also hinges. There is a low seat from BMW that lifts off. The low seat is rare and will not exchange easily with the hinged seat.

Check out your local auto upolstery shops. They should be able to do a good job of recovering your seat. Don't bother with the Ebay covers, just have them make a new one styled the way you want it.

:dance:dance:dance

Check out your local auto upolstery shops. They should be able to do a good job of recovering your seat. Don't bother with the Ebay covers, just have them make a new one styled the way you want it.

Sound advice. You may get covered for $125 and could last for 4 plus yrs.
I’m on my 4th covering on a Corbin Canyon.

Saves yer money for other things, is my opinion. But if you want a real reproduction, I wouldn’t get it from Corbin.

Charlie

When one of my Corbin seats wore, I contacted Corbin and they didn't appear interested in recovering the seat. I contacted Sargent and got an estimate of $140 (this was a few years back) plus shipping and a three week turn around time. I sent the seat to Sargent. The seat was returned in two weeks and the total cost, including shipping was $140. I am now a Sargent customer. The seat on my 88 K75S is a Corbin and is wearing (e.g., cracks developing in the basket weave pattern). As a temporary measure I've used Shoe Goo on the small cracks. Soon I'll be sending the seat to Sargent for recovering.

Link to Shoe Goo -
https://www.amazon.com/Shoegoo-Shoe-GOO®-Adhesive-3-7/dp/B00135M0MM

I've done some checking on the seat. Corbin wanted $300 plus $55 to ship it back to me, so with my shipping it was around $400. Sargent seemed friendlier to deal with, plus I like their seats. They will re-do the Corbin for $200 plus $20 to ship it back. I figured my shipping would be closer to $40 with a box that large. Total of $260 or so.

I talked to a few local upholstery people. They tell me the basket weave center seat fabric on the Corbin is actually Volkswagen seat fabric, and it does look like that. They also said that the pattern is stamped into the vinyl which makes it thinner than the solid stuff. I noticed the difference in thickness myself. Indeed, mine and many of the seats on Ebay seem to be cracked on the basket weave. The solid vinyl is still fine.

I have found a local shop that does high end upholstery work that will do it for about $200. I think I may go with black vinyl and no weave material, and perhaps red piping. They feel it will hold up much better that way, and judging from my seat's condition, I think they are right. Besides the appearance, anyone know why the basket weave material is a better choice for the top seat area?

Back