• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Back-A-Line in ON Question?

kantuckid

I read the ON review article talking about the back support belt. I went to their website & there is a new version & for 1/2 price the older version. Anyone have comments on one to the other- or either one? New has improved brace in back.
Also, I'm a 40 waist & sort of fall into two sizes which I would need to resolve .

I read the ON review article talking about the back support belt. I went to their website & there is a new version & for 1/2 price the older version. Anyone have comments on one to the other- or either one? New has improved brace in back.
Also, I'm a 40 waist & sort of fall into two sizes which I would need to resolve .

I have been using one for about a year or so now, and swear by it.
I don't remember what i paid and am not familiar with a newer version.
Wonder what the difference is ??

My waist is about a 39 or 40 and i wear a large.
Doug

Last edited:
Thanks Doug. If you go to the back-a-line site they have much info & state that the old version has slight differences(as I remember) in the back insert padding as is now injected rather than piece of foam , plus the fabric is now wicking instead of cotton. New ones are twice the price. Amazon has them for the same price with a bit less shipping but same price.
They sound to be a good device for someone like me with a back thats' deteriorated to the extent that even with a "regimen of respect", I am subject to recurrences of sciatica from certain twisting or other back use situations. Maintaining proper posture,i.e., lordosis of my spine is critical to avoiding pain for me. I'm going to buy one, question is/was which. As a "sweater", I'm going for the new one & plan to wear it in certain situations only-shop,farm & riding bike. Don't want to erode my back's core strength via overuse of a support.
If you have back issues & are reading this thread, I'll share this: In a talk with a car salesman Sat. , he told me he had played ice hockey for many years & had sciatica as we were speaking. I said, "join the club"! He then shared that he had great results from acupuncture treatments. Not a permanent cure but much relief. If you've had it you know it can be horrible. :lurk

I have had acupuncture treatments and they do give me some relief.
I also occasionally visit a chiropractor .

Have been dealing with low back pain and sciatica most of my life. It's sometimes worse than other , but i just live with it as best as i can.

When it interferes with my life style and riding , I just deal with it and stay home.

Back